Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Lefty Kreh is a Fraud!
From Dallastown, PA
Dear Murph,

We talked about you at TimB's last night as if you were there. And wished you had come. Your antics carried a good 20 minutes of conversation including many laughs.

So even though you can be there and not seen, when you are absent you are there.

Regards

Reesie.

Posted on: 2013/3/3 18:20

From Harrisburg
Dear Maurice,

My Ninja is strong dude, I knew that y'all knew, i just didn't want to let you know.

Tell Tim Bennett the next time you see him that I miss him, just in case my Ninja message gets fouled. I miss him, he's a good dude.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Posted on: 2013/3/3 19:11
"Then the coal company came with the world's largest shovel, and they tortured the timber and stripped all the land. Well they dug for their coal till the land was forsaken, then they wrote it all down as the progress of man."

From Mount Joy, PA
Sbecker will be the one entertaining us at shows in the future...

Posted on: 2013/3/3 19:37

From NE OH
Quote:

wgmiller wrote:
Sbecker will be the one entertaining us at shows in the future...

I was going to post the same thing.... That's funny!

Posted on: 2013/3/3 20:28

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
Whoa keep me out of this. lol

Posted on: 2013/3/3 20:31

From Portage, PA
I think Aaron Jasper Is an up and comer. A very good representation of the sport IMO. I have never personally met him but he gos out of his way to answer questions that one might have about flyfishing in general. He is a regular on his forum. Hope to meet him. I would have loved to talk to him at the show, but could not make it out there. Hope you all had fun who attended.

Posted on: 2013/3/3 22:13

From Collegeville, PA
I second the comment about Aaron Jasper. He is a great educator. His day job is as a teacher in Patterson NJ. If you go to his website troutpredator.com, you will find some good fly tying videos and a forum that is similar to this one. If you read fly fishing magazines, you probably have read some of his articles that have gotten published.

Posted on: 2013/3/3 22:48

I actually had a chance to have a cup of coffee and chat with Lefty at the show on Sunday. He was nice enough to share some information and stories with me for about 30 mins. It was a blast for soemone from my generation.. I am 56 to chat with a fly fishing legends that I grew up watching and reading about.

Bill A

Posted on: 2013/3/4 7:29

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
I had always recognized Lefty as a legend, but never knew much about him. I'd seen him once or twice on fishing shows. But I'd never read much from him or otherwise knew anything about how and why he achieved fame. One of those celebrities that you never really paid attention to.

At Somerset, though, I attended his talk on photography tips, and gained some respect for him. Very entertaining personality. Downright funny, really. While still coming across as sharp and managing to be informative.

Posted on: 2013/3/4 7:50

Webmaster
Maurice did get a little fired about this fact that Lefty is actually a righty? Truth be told, Righty is a silly name glad that he isn't named that.

I heard him speak at one of the Somerset shows a few years ago. I don't even know what he talked about, just that he had me chuckling for any hour and know he is a funny guy.

Don't think I saw him flipping the bird, well only maybe at Maurice this Saturday for calling him a fraud.

Attach file:

jpg  _DSC8893 (1).jpg (50.18 KB)
1_5134f13dbe2fc.jpg 500X333 px

jpg  _DSC8929 (1).jpg (69.53 KB)
1_5134f14785d7c.jpg 500X334 px

Posted on: 2013/3/4 14:08

From LV
Actually I think Old Lefty is the best caster I've see, he and Don Douple are about even.

Posted on: 2013/3/4 14:20

From SE Pa
A few years ago I got the chance to spend the day with Lefty at his house, anyone who thinks he is a fraud obviously never met him. He is one of the nicest people I've ever met and is a wealth of fishing knowledge. I've fished with Aaron many times. He is definetly one of the younger fisherman who will be a leader in this sport going forward along with George, Lance, Loren, Strolis and many other names. I agree that the likes of Lefty, Ernie, Marinaro etc. Won't be seen again because of the internet and social media. I got the chance to watch Dave Rothrock cast one evening during a Hendrickson spinner fall. I was impressed. Dave if you read this I'm buddies with Richie Z, he is a hell of a caster too. That night I'm talking about was at Ross Run about two years ago.

Posted on: 2013/3/4 15:18

From Monessen, PA
I don't know any famous anglers.

Posted on: 2013/3/4 15:46

-- Leo Tolstoy

From Gettysburg
Quote:

Haywood wrote:
anyone who thinks he is a fraud obviously never met him. He is one of the nicest people I've ever met and is a wealth of fishing knowledge. .

Haywood,
The title of this thread is entirely tongue in cheek. Nobody's calling Lefty Kreh a fraud......we all know he's the real deal. It was just a pun on him casting right handed.

Posted on: 2013/3/4 16:50

From Couldn't Care Less
Quote:
pcray wrote:

One of those celebrities that you never really paid attention to.

Paris Hilton?

Posted on: 2013/3/4 17:49

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com