Late Christmas Presents

BrooksAndHooks

BrooksAndHooks

Finally got my big wild brown of the year. Out of some smaller non-classified headwaters to boot. Have caught many nice browns and brookies in this area in the past, but the largest were 12" or so browns and 10" brookies. Put up an awesome fight and had the line flying off my reel for a few minutes.

Attachments

• IMG_8333editsmall.jpg
    IMG_8333editsmall.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 11
  • edit1G1341907small.jpg
    edit1G1341907small.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Edit1G1411979small.jpg
    Edit1G1411979small.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 1
Nice fish. I like the mix of colors due to camera exposure on the first picture.

Thanks. As usual, pictures don't do them justice. Had the nice big black spots, and the normal read spotting, but also red spots without the halo interspersed with the normal red spotting. Very neat fish. Caught a nice sized brookie on my first cast when I drove to another small stream I had scouted out and called it a day after that kind of luck. Great way to close out 2014.

Short sleeves in December. Perfect winter fishing.

Looks like you had a great day!

Thanks guys! Yeah it was a beautiful day, still was chilly in the morning up in the mountains though. I actually had 3 layers on, just pulled the sleeves up to stay dry. Hahaha. Was definitely a good day and topped it off with a nice 7 or 8" brookie.

Back