Last day of the year for trout.

B

brookiesRfun

Today I went out to a local stream and had a great day. 7 browns to hand all were holdovers (I was fishing below the wild brown area). They were hitting streamers that were fished on the swing with a quick retrive at the end of the drift. I was suprised the fish were active as it was raining and chilly. I would guess the water temps were up as yesterday there was a lot of snow melt today the ground was bare.
All in all a great year. I didn't catch one brookie this year that was wild but lots of browns that were. 3 browns that were 20 inches. A number of rainbows too. Caught lots of smb one of which was a keeper that I turned loose.:)
Next years goal: to learn Oil Creek and fish it's sulfer hatch and possibly the drake hatch on Penns and get familiar with a few freestone streams I used to fish as a kid.
I would of liked to post some picts of today but I left my phone at home.

Hope you all had a good Christmas and have a great new year. Thanks to all who contribute to this board with useful information..
Greg

Not to worry. The shad will be running in about 90 days. It'll be a nice break from the 7 inch stockies.

Why do you say they were holdovers just because they were below the wild trout area?

Back