Largest trout (WILD/NATIVE) caught this season?

wildtrout2

wildtrout2

I was curious, what was everyone's biggest wild/native trout caught this season. Mine included 10.5", 11" and 12.5" native brookies. My three biggest ever. Also, I caught a 17" wild brown in NC Pa this season. He's my 2nd biggest wild brown ever. How about you folks?

I got one over 22 and a few over 17. It was a good year for big fish.

The biggest Wild Brookie this year: 12 inches.

The Biggest Wild Brown this year: 18 inches.

The brookie in Schyukill County and the Brown in Berks County.

What about wild rainbows?

Your right.

The Biggest Wild Bow this season was 24 inches.

Landed in Lebanon County :)

How about rainheads or steelbows?

your starting to sound like Spyder20 :lol:

Brook Trout= 10 in

Brown trout= 17in

Rainbow Trout= i didnt make it to any wild trout streams with bows in them... yet ;)

Brook - 12"
Brown - 14"
Rainbow - Hasn't happened yet.

A 16" rainbow out of the Little Lehigh Heritage section.
A 16" brownie(did not count as I caught him before I started to flyfish)
A 14" brookie

I forgot to include my montana trip. In that case, I caught another 20+" brown and a few rainbows that were damn close. Throw in some cutties at about 14 or 15" too.

My biggest brookie was caught at the jam. I don't know how big he was, but he was my best to date.

Your biggest native brookie yet with no pic? My Canon Power Shot goes on every fishing trip. I like to have something to remind me of my best moments on the stream, other than relying on my memory. I like to share with others as well. Just me.

I have a pic somewhere, but overall, I'm not a big fan of taking a camera trout fishing. I spend all week working with technology, and fishing is a getaway from that. Even when I do bring it, I rarely use it.

I did have it handy for the jamboree though, so I'll try to dig it up.

Edit: Here it is. It gives no concept of size, so I guess the true measurement is going to be lost forever. I didn't even touch the fish, so I never got a good length estimate. For the very little bit of brookie fishing I do, I'm pleased with this fish.

2453394910091722017S425x425Q85.jpg

when people speak of catching wild browns , does that mean they were caught in a stream thats never been stocked ?

I was there to witness the fish Jay caught and it was a beaut! I would estimate it around 11-12" range and that might be slightly on the low side. Nice fish with the beginnings of a kype!

I caught my first wild brookie ever on that stream that day... so my best was around 7-8"

also my best wild brown was taken on that trip around 12-13" on the sulpur spinnerfall.

Everyone should go to the JAM!

troutslammer wrote:
when people speak of catching wild browns , does that mean they were caught in a stream thats never been stocked ?

No. Being that brown trout are a non native species imported from germany, they ether had to have been stocked in the past, or migrated up from waters that recive stockings to tributarys where they could survive and breed. Their offspring are the fish that we are talking about.

jayL wrote:
I have a pic somewhere, but overall, I'm not a big fan of taking a camera trout fishing. I spend all week working with technology, and fishing is a getaway from that. Even when I do bring it, I rarely use it.

I did have it handy for the jamboree though, so I'll try to dig it up.

Edit: Here it is. It gives no concept of size, so I guess the true measurement is going to be lost forever. I didn't even touch the fish, so I never got a good length estimate. For the very little bit of brookie fishing I do, I'm pleased with this fish.

2453394910091722017S425x425Q85.jpg

Beautiful looking trout Jay. I see the start of a kype.

that is a nice fish jay:)

Sweet fish!

My best (so far):

Non ff:
Brook: 10"
Brown: 13"
no wild bows

FF:
Brook: 7" (only caught one)
Brown: 8.5"

Not that great, but those are good fish for my area. This is turning out to be more of a numbers year for me as I've already doubled my previous season best total number of trout caught.

Back