Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 14 »

Re: LLH fly shop

From Up in the Mountain
How does Poor Richards do so well in Erie. Talk about a hole in the wall. There is people in there at all times day and night. they sell other stuff besides fly fishing, talk about you're model fishing store.
I buy stuff there every time I go up, matter of fact we call it the toll booth. I would venture to say the owner is worth several million. Now right down the street is another fishing store B.A.C.

Posted on: 2010/12/1 0:33

From Eastern PA
Quote:
How does Poor Richards do so well in Erie. Talk about a hole in the wall. There is people in there at all times day and night. they sell other stuff besides fly fishing, talk about you're model fishing store.

Because PFBC created a major attraction there. Same with Salmon River. 13 shops in a 10 mile radius, all booming! I mean you got a couple 24 hour shops there. All because NY created an artificial fishery just like Erie.

Posted on: 2010/12/1 1:04

I go to Poor Richard's a couple times a year on the rare occasions I keep a few steelhead.

Take fish there to be cleaned and filleted. Think that is the reason for most of traffic there. For $2-3 dollars it's worth to me.

Posted on: 2010/12/1 8:50

From Nazareth PA
Quote:

tig wrote:

He use to have a store on the East side for the guys that fished 20 mile and some of the tribs there but he closed that store down a few year ago because after steelhead season he had very little business there.

Posted on: 2010/12/1 9:43

From Up in the Mountain
Maybe the rest of Penn. should take a lesson from Erie. I live with in several fishing streams but very little fly shops. I drive an hour to woodlands world in uniontown to get some supplys. There is a guy named Linn who works there who always takes time to show me a new fly and shows me how to tie them which I am greatly appreciate, which in turn I always buy more then what I came for. As far as Cabelas the store in Wheeling keeps going down hill, they never have nothing you need plus there prices isn't the greatest anymore.

Posted on: 2010/12/1 10:57

the reason poor richards is so busy - 1)boaters buying ice for their beer 2)steelhead fisherman buying skein & fresh eggs !!! most are not buying glo bugs or sucker spawn its all about terminal tackle and BAIT !!!!!

Posted on: 2010/12/1 19:13

From Perkasie PA
my favorite part of this is that if you check his mailbag section on the website, he's posting all the emails people are sending him about the shop closing, include people's personal phone numbers they are sending him.

and WTF is up with his "Chumley" story in the stream report section? Almost looks like he's trying to stir up trouble before he leaves with his thing about "Wall of shame".

Posted on: 2010/12/2 9:25

From Eastern PA
The Little Lehigh Fly Shop is closing.

Beginning December 3rd the shop will be open Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Mondays.

The last day of operations will be December 20.

Everything will be 50% off. No credit cards, no checks.

Posted on: 2010/12/2 9:29

From Monessen, PA

Sage rods, Lamson reels, Fishpond packs, Simms waders, everything?

Posted on: 2010/12/2 10:14

-- Leo Tolstoy

From The Hilton
Quote:

dubthethorax wrote:

and WTF is up with his "Chumley" story in the stream report section? Almost looks like he's trying to stir up trouble before he leaves with his thing about "Wall of shame".

I know "Chumley" he's a nice older gentlemen that means no harm to anyone. He feeds stockies yes, but there stockies so who cares. He's nice to the fisherman and would do anything to help anyone catch a fish. The fact that Rod would post something that and then post pictures of Chumley shows how much of an a**hole he really is. I've changed my mind after seeeing that on his site and I am now glad to see him go.

Posted on: 2010/12/2 10:31

From The Hilton
Quote:

JackM wrote:

Rusted hooks, moldy thread, and 15 year old spools of 12x! GET SOME!

Posted on: 2010/12/2 10:32

From Eastern PA
Quote:

He had two Fishpond packs. Probably gone. I don't think he ever represented the others. This shop was probably 300 sq feet with very little inventory.

Posted on: 2010/12/2 10:47

alpabuck;
What you do not know is that a bunch of guys chum the fish and then use "pellet Flies" to catch them. What you also apparently don't know is that this makes the fish ,"hatchery like" and they don't take flies very readily,thus destroying the fishery. This happens from the hatchery road bridge to the firemans bridge on a daily basis. Say what you want about Rod and his demeanor but he is a steward of the stream.

Posted on: 2010/12/2 12:25

From The Hilton
I know for a FACT that the fish under the foot bridge will take scuds just like any other fish in the river! I also know that there is only one maybe two guys that in group that fishes the pellet fly. The group has in fact though let very young fisherman and fisherman with disabilities (Blind, wheelchair bond , and I could on) catch some fish. So if you have a problem with that then so be it I could less. When you post a smear article and pictures it makes you like 13 year old girl!

Posted on: 2010/12/2 12:40

From Perkasie PA
The fish at the hatchery wall, wild or stocked, will rush a pellet fly instantly because all the people with their kids are constantly throwing handfuls of pellets in there. I've caught fish there and well downstream from there on dead-egg colored mcfly foam eggs in size 20, which are similar to a pellet fly. Chumming definitely changes the behavior of wild fish.

Still doesnt make him any less of a jerk for causing a commotion on his website about it though.

I'll be hitting the water there at 7am tomorrow morning and I'll swing by the shop. I'll report back with what's left. I know he had some new nice Korker boots that have swappable soles and the twist tightener in there last week.

Posted on: 2010/12/2 12:48

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 14 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes 95% (139)
No 0% (0)
Thinking about it 4% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com