Keystone Select- sounds like a beer from the 90's

Acristickid

Acristickid

Anglers want program expanded. Whatever. Let them eat cake. Seems like a small sample size from what I read- if I read it right as I'm looking at 3 inch screen on an elliptical at the gym.

Anglers want Keystone Select waters expanded.

I also find the guys comment at the bottom about fingerlings to the article infuriating. Ugh.

acristickid wrote:
Anglers want program expanded. Whatever. Let them eat cake. Seems like a small sample size from what I read- if I read it right as I'm looking at 3 inch screen on an elliptical at the gym.

Anglers want Keystone Select waters expanded.

I also find the guys comment at the bottom about fingerlings to the article infuriating. Ugh.

I joined a group on Facebook called Little Juniata River Fly Fishing or something along those lines. There was a guy on there that, literally, once a week would go off about how they need to stock fingerlings in the Little J and how poor the fishing is there now.

Two weeks ago I stopped at one of these Keystone Select streams with some friends as the one guy I was with had never caught a fish on a fly rod and wanted to give that stream a shot. The stream was extremely low and there was one hole where you could see literally 40 trout swimming around, probably half of them 14" or larger. A couple of them huge. They'll probably die after this weekend since it is supposed to be mid to high 80's all week and then 94 for 3 straight days.

I wonder where they were surveying these people that said they wanted more Keystone Select waters....maybe in the parking lot of Keystone Select waters?

Personally, I find this little blurb at the end of the article most troubling...here we go again:

Commissioner Bill Sabatose asked if the agency should then consider allowing bait anglers to fish the stream sections after June 15, when trout can be harvested.

That's something the board considered and rejected a year ago.

Andy Shiels, chief of the commission's bureau of fisheries, said he wouldn't necessarily be in favor of that right now. Adding waters to the program could make sense, he said, but otherwise the commission needs to give it some time.

So, who is going to pay for these fish?

they should start a "Budweiser Select" section and stock it with those-cheaper then big fish. That would draw me into going!

I think Budweiser Select would have to be more expensive fish than Keystone Select. How about a "Natural Select". It can be stocked with all the hatchery rejects and maybe throw a couple "trophy sized" carp in for good measure.

PBR Select would be better in my opinion

I followed the link and it looks like the "fingerlings in the lil J" guy made an appearance there too. Lol.

So, they want to plant abnormally large fish for people to catch and then ask if they liked it? Brilliant. Ever hear of fisherman's paradise? Wasn't it chock full of breeders, jammed elbow to elbow and a destination? Who's the genius claiming credit for the keystone select idea? Want more? What did you think the answer would be, no? Keep it doing and I propose taking pension funds to pay for it. Hell, who doesn't want a "grip and grin" shot with an obese / finless fish with a blown 0-ring?

Actually, I'd like the fish so big and genetically altered that when I show pictures of it to people, they respond with "Wow, nice fish. What is it?". You can't take video on the select sections because the audio portion is nothing but wheezing sounds of the obese pellet hogs trying to catch their breathe. When pulling in that 4 pound fish stick, I expect it to use the crocodile death roll to escape as it's never had to swim away from danger. I'd also like the coloration to resemble a fish that's been on a stringer for the last 4 hours. I'm so pumped, heading home from work "sick" and heading right to the select section

krayfish2 wrote:
Hell, who doesn't want a "grip and grin" shot with an obese / finless fish with a blown 0-ring?

That's great! I cant stop laughing.

who doesn't want a "grip and grin" shot with an obese / finless fish with a blown 0-ring?

Actually, I'd like the fish so big and genetically altered that when I show pictures of it to people, they respond with "Wow, nice fish. What is it?". You can't take video on the select sections because the audio portion is nothing but wheezing sounds of the obese pellet hogs trying to catch their breathe. When pulling in that 4 pound fish stick, I expect it to use the crocodile death roll to escape as it's never had to swim away from danger. I'd also like the coloration to resemble a fish that's been on a stringer for the last 4 hours. I'm so pumped, heading home from work "sick" and heading right to the select section

:lol:

Holy crap I laughed out loud in a work meeting reading this. F'n blown O-ring hahaha.

fingerlings in the little j... there's tons of fish in that stream no need for fingerlings-now select beers maybe ;-)

just cause people cant catch them doesn't mean they aren't there. its the bait fisherman's fought tho ;-)

Here's some of the beauties you might see ........ and yes, there's a gemmie in there for you ST heads. Would you look at the colors on that brute?

Attachments

• select (1).jpg
    select (1).jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 3
  • select (3).jpg
    select (3).jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 2
  • select (2).jpg
    select (2).jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 4
bwuahahahahaha! Amazing!

I love the "Little-J Fingerling" guy. As Snowbeard pointed out, apparently the 2500 trout per mile isn't enough fish in there.

Look at that gemmie. Obviously eating lots of sculpins. Nice job w/ "keep 'em wet" also.

Back