Kettle Creek/Potter County

R

RustyRat

How well does Kettle Creek fish in the fall? I've been on it a good bit this year but never seem to make it there mid-October. I want to get a buddy out on a stream and figured the project area was the best bet for his skill level. Anyone been on it lately?

RustyRat,

I haven't been there this year but Kettle fishes nicely in early October. There is the potential for good dry fly fishing. Try attractor patterns or something that looks like a caddis.

beeber

It should be stocked like all the other FFO areas in early October.

I am heading up that way the last weekend of Sept.
I will post a stream report when I get back Oct. 1

Steve98

Steve,
I was talking to a guy tonight that fished there 2 weeks ago and said it's fishing quite nicely. He said both browns and brookies were taking flies. Good luck and please report back any good spots you find. I'll be up there in late October and have never fished it. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

was headed down to do some elk calling and drove by yesturday, didn't see a soul on the whole creek, guess I'll have to go down next week and fish.. :-D

Sandfly: Thought I remembered seeing that you were from the Ansonia area. Maybe I just imagined it but Tioga made me think of something. The wife and I were down at the Log Cabin to eat the other week and I passed the sign for Watrous on Pine Creek. I remember fishing that with my dad in the springtime for many years but never fished it any other time. Do you get out on that section by chance and if so does it hold fish throughout the year?

Make sure you ask permission on the private water.

I usally dont fish that section,though there are others on here that do..I generally fish from home to the log cabin area..

Back