Keep Bellefont hatchery open petition

mike_richardson

mike_richardson

http://www.change.org/petitions/pennsylvania-fish-and-boat-commission-keep-the-bellefonte-fish-hatchery-open

Just figured some of you may want to sign this petition.

Please refrain from debating on why hatcheries should or should not be open. I think we had about 5 threads on this for 20 pages of the same thing.

Thanks

Thanks for posting that, I needed a good laugh.

So, basically this petition is to save bald eagles.

SBecker wrote:

i was just getting ready to write that

SBecker wrote:

Don't forget the butterflies!! Seriously, I don't know what's more clownish, the petition or the comments from the people who signed it.

"There are 18 counties that this hatchery serves including: Armstrong, Berks, Bucks, Bulter, Cameron, Carbon, Clarion, Clearfield, Dauphin, Fulton,Indiana, Lehigh, Jefferson, Potter, Schuykill, Tioga, Warren and Westmoreland Counties"

Man! Where will people ever find trout in some of those counties if this hatchery isn't here to stock them!?

Sorry Mike. I just couldn't resist ;-)

She has no idea what she's talking about, must be a conservative.

She has no idea what she's talking about, must be a conservative.

On a website called "change.org", by a person who seems to be motivated by protecting an only somewhat rare, predatory bird. I have my doubts...

Ok this one was trolling a bit, i admit it. My cousin sent it to me. He actually watches the eagles at lunch break. ;)

Ahaha I tried so hard not to comment on this.

mike_richardson wrote:
Ok this one was trolling a bit, i admit it. My cousin sent it to me. He actually watches the eagles at lunch break. ;)

the point of a troll is to aggitate and anger people, not have them laugh at you.

figured you guys would like the save the eagle ploy at keeping them open is all

Even if they really wanted to save the hatchery, what good is signing a petition? It's $$$$ we're talking about, not fish, birds or whatever. If they pledge 5k a piece with their signature, then it's a viable petition.

2015 Benner Springs is the new home of a nesting pair of bald eagles!

agree, if the moneys not there its not their. The PFBC has been making extreme cuts all the way around. Every program they have has taken a hit in one way or another. The loss of license sales is crushing them. They will be lucky to survive all of this.

Where do I sign the petition to close the rest of the hatcheries?

If these people are really concerned they would be glad the hatchery is shutting down. There is a one meal a month fish consumption on that hatchery . Sounds like to me a thank you for shutting down is what should be considered.

midnightangler wrote:
Where do I sign the petition to close the rest of the hatcheries?

+100

MHanes wrote:
2015 Benner Springs is the new home of a nesting pair of bald eagles!

Lmao

MHanes, that is pretty hilarious

Back