Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Juggling two hobbies?

From South central PA
I've been managing the time pretty well. Going fishing this morning/afternoon. Then my hockey league at 10 tonight. A pretty good day if say!

Posted on: 3/8 11:36

From Tioga co. formerly of bucks co.
used to be chasin women, that's done for now !
so its fly fish, tying, gardens, hunt bow and upland game, surf fishing, raisin chickens, tinkering on stuff.

Posted on: 3/8 12:21

So many Fish, So little time !!!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing ghillie..
https://www.facebook.com/BigMeadowsFlyShop

Just as long as one of those hobbies ISN'T golf you're good. No self respecting FF should ever play golf. Or sell insurance.

For me I ride my Harley darn near everywhere, FF, fly tying, grouse & goose hunt and trap shoot. The key is spread it out over the seasons. Retiring also helps. Work is a four letter word.

Posted on: 3/8 14:50

Edited by fly_doggie on 2014/3/8 15:13:51

From Lititz/Huntingdon
Fly fish'n when it's in season. Hatches, etc And Amateur radio in the evenings and when it's not fit for man nor beast outdoors. Hate to wish my life away but, can't wait till I can retire and do more of both and nothing all at the same time. de N3HQN.

Who all else on here has there ticket? I'm going on 25 years come November.

Posted on: 3/8 16:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZif22PVohg

The four most effective weapons for taking anothers possessions:
4) knife
3) gun
2) lawyer
1) politician

From York, PA
I'm avteacher so I have very little time off...other than the entire summer. It's GREAT, but there is a significant downfall in that I only have 3 days to use during the school year. Awesome for summer fishing but I love to bow hunt and finding time is tough especially with two kids under 3.

Posted on: 3/8 16:35

From aliquippa
My fly fishing and tying have dropped off quite a bite, I only fly fish when I`m at my camp, after having a health issue , I put as much time on the road bicycle as I can when weather permits, go to as much late model dirt track racing in the summer as I can, plus just spent a bundle on a new tig welder to perfect my aluminum and stainless steel welding

Posted on: 3/9 0:47

My hobbies are now - wrestling season turns into baseball season turns into football season. Kid keeps me busy but I wouldn't change it for the world. If I get time, I may get some fly fishing in, in the fall, I'll get some deer hunting in.

Before marriage and a kid - I hunted deer, archery, rifle and muzzleloader, and hunted duck, small game, turkey, and bear. I fly fished 4 or 5 times a week during the spring and summer, bass fishing and also ice fishing during the winter. I also tied flies all winter.

Now, I may get away fishing 5 or 6 times in the spring, I set aside last 2 weeks of archery for me, and the first week of rifle I take vacation. If I'm lucky, I may get out a day or 2 of spring gobbler.

Best advise I could give a guy getting married and going to start a family is - pick your poisons wisely and only choose the battles you can win.

Posted on: 3/9 6:41

From Monessen, PA
I have the hobby of internet browsing and social media, and a girlfriend, and drinking bourbon, and fly fishing. I can quit them all except for fly fishing and the girlfriend.

Posted on: 3/9 11:20

This is an interesting post, I was just thinking about this the other day. I started playing guitar about two years ago after a 40 year hiatus (I've been fly fishing nonstop for the past 50 years).

I probably still spend as much time as I ever have on stream, but I find I now spend my time playing rather tying flies and pouring over catalogs and such. It's probably just as well, I'm sure I already have more than enough equipment and flies to last me more than the rest of my life.

Posted on: 3/11 20:08

Tenkara Fly Fishing Blog

Tenkara Fly Fishing Forum

From Clinton County, Pa.
Only two? I enjoy hunting, flyfishing, fly tying, the activities of a certain fraternity and I just added a new one to the list. I recently purchased a near mint( 5206 original miles) 2003 Ford Mustang GT Convertible. It is redfire metallic with white leather seats and a white ragtop. If you see such a car it is more than likely me out enjoying the soon to be nice weather. LOL. It also helps that I'm retired and can do such things!

Posted on: 3/11 21:23

From Somerset P.A.
Ive been fishing and playing hockey since I was 4 or 5. Ive only been fly fishing and playing hockey for the past 4 years, but I dont see how they can really get in the way of one another. If you already have your hockey gear it should all last for a very long time considering your done growing, and I usually play hockey at 9 or 10 at night and fish as early as I can. I don't see giving either of them up until my body can no longer play hockey.

Posted on: 3/13 11:07

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes
No
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com