Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »

Re: John Ardway; Ex Director PFBC

The cost of the license is a pittance compared to most other entertainment.

Go to one college, pro game- cost of a whole years worth of fishing

Two-three meals out cost of whole year worth of fishing.

One or two nights at the watering hole.

1 video game , cost of whole years worth of fishing.

Couple of movies and snacks, cost of whole years fishing.

Posted on: 2/20 13:47

From Chester County
+1 ^

The proposal allowing the PFBC to raise license fees based on inflation would result in a 2-3% increase per year. That breaks out to be 60 to
90 cents in a license year for a general license and trout stamp.

I paid $1.15 for a pack of gum (Trident Sugarless Original Flavor) at my local WaWa today....

Posted on: 2/20 14:09

From Erie Co.
^^+2
even a candy bar now costs more than $1 when I was a kid $.25

Posted on: 2/20 16:46

I asked this question before, but why do these legislators want Arway out?

This bill was introduced by Scarnati. Has he stated what his critiques are of Arway? Has he or any of the other of the bill's sponsors tried to justify their attempt to kick Arway out?

The theory that they want to kick him out simply because he asked for a license increase does not sound plausible to me.

Posted on: 2/20 17:22

From York
If you haven’t read it go on the the PA Trout Unlimited site, go there, look in past newsletters. Pull up the Fall 2017 newsletter and read Mr Arway’s article.

Posted on: 2/20 19:44

From Williamsport, PA
Quote:

fritz wrote:
If you haven’t read it go on the the PA Trout Unlimited site, go there, look in past newsletters. Pull up the Fall 2017 newsletter and read Mr Arway’s article.

Was that the article about hatchery closings and stopage of stream stockings? I know a lot if people blew up over that news. I mostly understand why people were upset. I was upset with some of it also.

Posted on: 2/20 22:37

From Lancaster County
Quote:

troutbert wrote:
I asked this question before, but why do these legislators want Arway out?

This bill was introduced by Scarnati. Has he stated what his critiques are of Arway? Has he or any of the other of the bill's sponsors tried to justify their attempt to kick Arway out?

The theory that they want to kick him out simply because he asked for a license increase does not sound plausible to me.

Because he fired a warning shot across the bow of the politicians' boats; a threat, per se. They are returning fire. He took a calculated risk to ask for a license increase by using hatchery closings as a stick, and it ticked the wrong people off. In politics, I don't think it needs to be any more complicated than that. Politicians don't like appointees telling them what to do.

Posted on: 2/24 22:09

A casualty of the 'something for nothing' crowd. A cover for irresponsibility. Kill the messenger. "I'll have to shut hatcheries because you won't let me raise the money to pay for it." Damm you for telling them anything they don't want to hear.

Syl

Posted on: 2/25 22:15

From harlansburg
I'm sure the next director will be a pawn for the politicians, won't know a thing about fishing or conservation. hooks, worms, stocked fish. THAT is the real fishing ya know. Hell, the guy will probably be a gas industry exec.
wild fish??? yeah right.

Posted on: 2/26 6:58

From florida
When Politics gets involved reason leaves the room. GG

Posted on: 2/26 7:46

From Delaware Co.
John and the commish gave a nice little presentation on the PFBC at the Fly and Wingshooting show and they broke everything down with programs and spending . It was pretty informative I believe they will be doing the same in Lancaster next weekend if you are interested . There was also an open forum for ideas on how to help them save money and get more people involved in fishing. Allot of the board member's on here always have allot to say about the commish this is your chance to be heard instead of debating on here ........Just Saying..........

Mike was said you weren't there

Posted on: 2/26 9:59

I am scheduled to be at the Sportsmen's Forum at the Phila Boat Show in Oaks at 10 AM, March 10.

Posted on: 2/26 12:15

From PA
You're not going to get anyone worth a sack of potato's to take that job with an 8 year limit! Who on earth would take any job, making a salary like that, knowing that in 8 years no matter how well you do at the job, that you're on the streets looking for work. The only people they are going to get to look at that job are the desperate and that is never a way to get the best people. The best people have solid job and aren't going to leave for a pink slip in 8 years. PA is filled with stupid people in charge.

Posted on: 2/26 12:51

From Greensburg, PA
Quote:

Zak wrote:
You're not going to get anyone worth a sack of potato's to take that job with an 8 year limit! Who on earth would take any job, making a salary like that, knowing that in 8 years no matter how well you do at the job, that you're on the streets looking for work. The only people they are going to get to look at that job are the desperate and that is never a way to get the best people. The best people have solid job and aren't going to leave for a pink slip in 8 years. PA is filled with stupid people in charge.

YOU MEAN LIKE PRESIDENT OF THE UNTIED STATES?

Posted on: 2/26 13:31

From LV
First of all it's Arway.
Second it doesn't matter who's in there, the agency is independent as such the Senate and House have only a few things they can control, one is license fees. That's the rub. The Legislature waits until the 2 Commissions get into dire straights to allow for a license increase, which they call a tax because they are republicans, and stupid ones at that. The only income the 2 Commissions have comes from licenses so it really doesn't matter who's in as the Director, unless it's a pawn, and as anglers we certainly don't want a pawn in there.
So what can we do? Tell your senator and representative to pass the license increase. Both commissions are strapped for cash and they shouldn't be.
As a side note NY has never decreased the number of fish stocked, but nearly every year lately PA has.

Posted on: 2/26 14:31

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

USGS Water Levels
The New Keystone Fly Fishing Book
Polls
Where do you most want to fly fish outside the region?
Western US 39% (31)
Alaska 10% (8)
New Zealand 32% (26)
Florida Keys 3% (3)
South America 6% (5)
Elsewhere 7% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2018/3/17 12:44
6 Comments

Copyright 2018 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com