Joan Wulff - IFGA Hall of Fame

Padraic

Padraic

I'm a huge fan of Joan Wulff's instructional videos, so when I saw this it put a big smile on my face!

CATSKILL WOMAN TO HALL OF FAME

Joan Wulff of Lew Beach, long considered the quintessential lady fly angler and widow of fly fishing legend Lee Wulff, will be one of the five inductees into the International Game Fish Association Fishing Hall of Fame at its ceremonies on Oct. 20 in Dania Beach, Florida.

Fellow inductees include writer Homer Circle of Sports Afield. Wulff is considered the most influential woman in fly fishing. A tournament caster for more than 20 years, she won 18 titles while raising casting to an art form. She continues to share her expertise in books, films, and at the Wulff School of Fly Fishing, and remains committed to the conservation of Atlantic salmon fisheries. Joan has served on the IGFA Board of Trustees since February 2001.

Wulff and Circle and three others will be joining 65 anglers already enshrined in the Hall of Fame including Ernest Hemingway, Zane Grey, Curt Gowdy, Ted Williams, Lee Wulff, Michael and Helen Lerner, Philip Wylie, Ray Scott, Johnny Morris and John Rybovich.
http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070701/COLUMNISTS16/707010339/1003/

Pad

That lady can cast and her hubby wasn't bad either!

Only one problem.. I didn't see my name on the list, can't believe they forgot me!

Paul

Paul you didn't notice the "Master of the Orange Ant" category? They didn't do you justice with an Honorable Mention. I only know what I've heard about Joan and it is all good, so I am certain she is very deserving of her honor.

Back