Jamboree Poll

JackM

JackM

Staff member
If we have the Jamboree in Coburn, what weekend do you prefer?

Anything but Memorial Day...maybe I'll even get to fish Penn's at less than 1 million CFS...The one Jam it didn't pour I was so hung over, I caught one nice fish and didn't care. But add a holiday crowd to that and it would be no fun.

I'm with Tom on anything, but Memorial Day. I already have plans for that weekend. I picked the 1st choice because in the last 2 years that weekend I usually start picking off the trout in good numbers on sulphurs, nothing like learning an area during the sulphur hatch!

Right now my calendar is free the weekend of the 17th. I'll put the jam in there to try and hold the spot.

I sure hope I make it up this year!

I think the first choice is the best you don't have to worry about the weekend warriors coming down for the drake hatch.

I voted for the first choice also...... but any of those would work for me. I put flyfishing above everything else.

I've never fished that area, but it sure looks good on a map!!

So...... count me in, sounds like fun to me.

If I'm still in PA I'll try and come this year. Who knows maybe I'll be your friendly fish commission biologist. Nice

No preference. I probably won't go to Coburn.

I voted for the last weekend - 31 and june 1 - because I really like to fish the little juniata around mid may. The sulphers are usually just getting into full swing there then, and it's great fishing. I've seen them hatch all day long.
The little j is only an hour ride from coburn, though, and I could go with either the first or third choice.
Wouldn't be able to make it memorial day weekend

I voted for the 17th but at this time the pick is arbitrary. I would try to make any of them.

I did speak with Rudy at Hemlock Acres this morning and made reservation for the weekend of the 17th (based on the current poll) for a tent site. He said that he has plenty of space but to please make a reservation.

Here is the website info:

http://www.hemlockacrescampground.com/reservation.html

Any of the weekends are fine with me. Don't think the holiday weekend would be a good idea, the CG's will be crowded with fishermen and nonfishermen.

I will be glad to host the morning coffee and donuts and other goodies!

PaulG

There appears to be overwhelming support for the 17-19. I am going to take the initiative to set that as the date. I spoke with Rudy at Hemlock Acres and he has cabins available and tent and trailer sites, but he recommends making reservations. I have booked a cabin up near the pavillion where I will gladly host a fire ring on Friday and Saturday night. Paul has agreed to host the coffee service in the morning. As the date approaches and we count heads, we can decide whether getting a barrel of beer makes sense. It is definitely cheaper if there enough drinkers.

I have updated the Jamboree Information Page:

2008 PAFF Jamboree Information Page

I'll be camping at Poe Paddy that weekend with my dad. We might come up the mountain for one of the campfires! See you on the stream!

Paul G can make it this year...? That means Deer Bologna?
Thats even worth getting rained on for three days!

tomgamber wrote:

You should see the deer his son, Charlie got this year. It could make enough bologna to feed everyone going to the jam for the whole three days. The thing looked like a horse with antlers.

Padraic wrote:
tomgamber wrote:

You should see the deer his son, Charlie got this year. It could make enough bologna to feed everyone going to the jam for the whole three days. The thing looked like a horse with antlers.

Pad, is talking about the deer my Son got in Illinois with a bow. A huge 8pt. that weight 247Lbs dressed.

Taught the kid everything he knows :-D

Paul G

Ps, the Bologna is being made as we speak!

My baby brothers buck is huge he got. He is a deer slayer that boy. My Daddy O even taught us how to drink. LOL... If you guys get deer bologna before me I will be mad. LOL... Hey, if I do not talk to you guys have a nice holiday.

is there a pick of the horse with antlers?

PaulGDaughter wrote:
My baby brothers buck is huge he got. He is a deer slayer that boy. My Daddy O even taught us how to drink. LOL... If you guys get deer bologna before me I will be mad. LOL... Hey, if I do not talk to you guys have a nice holiday.

Too late. already had some on Sunday. Made it myself, and it is the absolute best I ever had, and believe me, I've had a bunch over the years. Even my wife agrees. I'll bet she has eaten over 2 pounds of it in two days. I may have to hide some, or shoot another deer this weekend and make more. (season is open this weekend in Ohio and we are allowed 2 deer). I'm hoping the jerky lasts a little longer than usual.

MattM wrote:
is there a pick of the horse with antlers?

Matt

I don't know how to add pics, I'll ask either Pad or Maurice to do it for me.

I was amased at the size of the head on this deer, it was huge!

PaulG

Back