Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Jamboree Count down

From Pine Grove

Posted on: 2007/5/26 17:43

From Monessen, PA
I wonder if the locals can update us on the hatches-- what's on now, what's expected by the end of the week? Thanks in advance.

Posted on: 2007/5/27 8:31

From Dallastown, PA
My brother Jim and my neighbor Tom are coming up Friday evening to help defray the cost of the camper trailer I rented.

Tom, a relatively new tyer is preparing fo rthe trip by tying some flies. I stopped down there last evening and gave him a tutorial on the Extended body coffin fly, GD emerger, GD comparadun, apple caddis larvae and a picket pin.

He's got the sulfurs and cahills (drys & wets) he will need tied along with caddis. And some additional streamers.

Personally, I cannot see needing anything else other than this selection. (maybe a few weenies and staple nymphs)

With the water low, the fish will be concentrated for the most part.

I am taking a bicycle (my wifes) to bike the canyon and get away for at least one day from the gas crisis of driving all over gods creation.

I have the camper to myself Thursday night. If someone is coming up early (Thursday) and has not reserved a spot, I'll let ya stay in my abode for the cost of a tent site (without the hastle os sleeping on the ground).

PM me if you think you may be interested in bunking in my crib Thursday.

Don't forget to bring yer swap items....

Where's Festus? Figgers he'd go a galavantin' when the chores need a tendin'.

Posted on: 2007/5/27 9:34

From Monessen, PA
So you think the March Brown/Gray Fox is over? I still have one of the $2 Orvis flies from Slate Run Tackle from 2004 and I'm darn sure going to use it if I can.

Posted on: 2007/5/27 13:50

From Altoona, PA
Quote:

JackM wrote:
So you think the March Brown/Gray Fox is over? I still have one of the $2 Orvis flies from Slate Run Tackle from 2004 and I'm darn sure going to use it if I can.

Go ahead an use it! No guarantee you'll catch a fish if you match the hatch... no guarantee you won't catch a fish if you don't!

Posted on: 2007/5/27 15:35

From Harrisburg
The good brother Fesstus just got back from what was basically a turkey safari. Unfortunatley he also brought back a nice case of the flu. I'm sure he'll give us the low down soon as he can move. He had a whale of a time up there at this time last year and sent pictures to prove it on Wolfs board. Including a few BIG trout on dries.

Posted on: 2007/5/27 22:26

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com