Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Jamboree Count down
From Monessen, PA
Finalized plans today. Me, Gino, Brandon and Santino will be leaving headquarters about 1:30 PM Friday. This should get us to the CG at about 6-6:30PM. We'll quickly get situated in our camper and be heading out to catch an evening rise, hopefully. We'll be staying until Monday at check out and then fishing our way back home.

I'm an early riser and I'd be happy to make the coffee, but I'll need a large coffee pot. Does anyone have one to bring?

Posted on: 2007/5/23 16:42

From Harrisburg
I have as big of a coffee pot as I could find at Gander. I would think atleast 12 cups if no one has any larger. One of those blue ones with white specks on it. Should be there friday afternoon to beat'em down before you get there!
Well, maybe not ALL of'em.

Posted on: 2007/5/23 21:24

From Greensburg, PA
I think what we need is one of those big silver urns that fire halls have...anyone have access to one of those.

Posted on: 2007/5/23 21:45

From Schuylkill County
I wish I could go to the Jam. Is my daughter’s graduation really that important?

But as it turns out I’ll be pitching a tent overnite this Sat about 5 miles downstream from where the jam is being held. I’ll report back on the conditions and bugs.

I actually have a great weekend planned; I have Fri and Tues off. Will head to my camper Fri am and fish Penns. Sat am head to Pine, stay til Sun, then back To Penns and surrounding streams until Tues.

I might even have a cold beer or two…

John

Posted on: 2007/5/23 22:03
if you look at it right...

From Wilkes-Barre
I'm planning on heading out Thursday morning. Sorry folks, don't listen to the weather forecast, pack rain gear.

Hank

Posted on: 2007/5/23 22:41

From Dallastown, PA
Jack,

I'll get Pauls pot. I'll call him tomorrow and tell him to bring it home from Coburn. You can hold the morning coffee at your chalet. Of course, I think its going to be a close quarters camping area so we will all be within shouting distance. Bad for the early sleepers and late risers.

I'm stoked.

Hank, Stop half way to Gaines and let the rain out of your vehicle. Exercise the demon. Looks like you and I at least will be taking in the stars Thursday night. I hoep to be there by 1:00-2:00pm Thursday. Maybe we can have an early supper and fish the afternoon.

Maurice

Posted on: 2007/5/23 22:51

From Dallastown, PA
Just a reminder to all Jamboree goers......

Bring your lightly used or unwanted gear for a friendly swap Saturday night at the campfire. Nets, vests, chest packs, rods, reels, fly boxes.

I have a box of 36 flies (assorted patterns) that I am going to throw on the table.

It may be prudent to bring barter as well...a case of beer or bottle of scotch come to mind...or maybe a few finer cigars.

It's not a requirement but could be a lot of fun to let some things go and pick up some others....I;ll see if I can part with any other junk I have in the trunk.

Maurice

Posted on: 2007/5/23 23:18

From Dallastown, PA
Quote:

JF_ wrote:
I wish I could go to the Jam. Is my daughter’s graduation really that important?
I might even have a cold beer or two…

John

John....I'll miss having you there....it won't be the same. I guess I'll have to argue with Jack but it won't be the same....

Pass my congratulations on to your daughter. and raise a glass for me to her commencement.

maurice

Posted on: 2007/5/23 23:44

From Monessen, PA
Quote:

Maurice wrote:
Jack,

I'll get Pauls pot. I'll call him tomorrow and tell him to bring it home from Coburn. You can hold the morning coffee at your chalet.

If you can get Paul's pot, that would be great, but bring his coffee urn too! I'll bring some coffee and non-dairy creamer and if my camper has a refrigerator, I'll have some liquid creamer as well. I don't take sugar, so if anyone needs sugar, bring it up. I'll also try to have a supply of styrofoam coffee cups.

Hopefully you can bring Paul with you as well.

John, add my congratulations to Maurice's and my regrets that we won't see you this year.

Posted on: 2007/5/24 5:53

From Wilkes-Barre
Maurice,

Sounds like a plan to me. I'm taking the dogs to the vet first thing in the morning, then heading out. I should be there about the same time. Of course, if I drink a cup of coffee before, I'll be stoping every ten minutes to "exorcise the demon" and probably won't get there until it's time to leave

Hank

Posted on: 2007/5/24 23:55

From Bozeman
I'm bringing two bottles of the captain's finest. One for barter, one for mixing with a fine cola. Ain't nothin wrong with that, imo.

If I could trade for a vest I'd be pumped so I'll see what else I can scrounge up.

Also...

I'll probably be wanting to make a fly shop trip saturday morning, or perhaps during the noontime heat after the morning fishing. How far is it to sandfly's? If anyone's wants to share a ride over there saturday let me know. I'd be happy to drive or tag along.

Posted on: 2007/5/25 0:44

From Wilkes-Barre
I’ve got three rods for the table (AS IS). Two were given to me. One bamboo, one fiberglass (?). My trash might be your treasure.

The third is also bamboo, but I want to keep it, it was my (dad’s) first before I knew what fly fishing was. Swap deal is – you restore it, I pay/barter…

Posted on: 2007/5/25 8:54

From Greensburg, PA

Saturday, Jun 2
Cooler with rain
Low: 51 °F
High: 65 °F

Sunday, Jun 3
Rain
Low: 44 °F
High: 64 °F

Monday, Jun 4
Rain
Low: 44 °F

Posted on: 2007/5/25 12:44

From Enola, Pa.
I brought the coffee maker home with me so, if Maurice stops here on the way up I'll have it for him. I've got some deer bolona for you guys too!

So enjoy and have a great time, sure will miss being there!

Paul

Posted on: 2007/5/26 8:29

From Greensburg, PA
Quote:

PaulG wrote:
I've got some deer bolona for you guys too!

Paul

Ok, I'm going...

Posted on: 2007/5/26 14:08

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com