Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 ... 7 »

Jamboree '09 Roll Call

The time for fishing and comradery among friends new and old is nearly upon us. The PAFF Jamboree '09 is being held May 15-17 in Coburn, Pa. For more details, see the link to the left of this page.

In the past, it has been nice to know who is planning on attending and when they hope to arrive. Since some arrive a day or two early, it also allows those individuals to meet and greet (and fish ;) ahead of the annual Friday night fire ring or "coffee gathering at Paul's" Sat. morning.

Post the dates you plan to attend and your estimated arrival time (ie. morning, afternoon, night, late night) and any other comments you'd like to add.

Looking forward to meeting some new friends and spending some time with the ones I've made in past year.

peace-tony c.

tocar (tony c.) May 14-18 Arriving Thurs. afternoon Tenting

Posted on: 2009/5/1 11:59

Re: Jamboree '09 Roll Call

From Bozeman
Arriving Friday the 8th, staying in a cabin for the weekend. Returning home the 10th to work Mon and Tue, then back to Coburn Tue night. Staying in a cabin with fred and afish (I think we are hosting the fire circle?) until sat. Spending sat night wherever I can. Leaving at Dawn sunday.

I will post a report after the first weekend, so you know what to expect.

Posted on: 2009/5/1 12:01

From Butler
I still am not sure if I am coming, it is probably going to be a "week of" decision

right now its 75% coming/ 25% not

Posted on: 2009/5/1 12:04

From Monessen, PA
Coming with Gino, Brandon, Santino on Thursday night in time to have a few beers with whoever is around before hitting the sack. We will be there until Sunday morning when we leave for fishing and the eventual return home.

We (PAFF) should have the pavillion for our use all weekend. Most likely nobody has to "host" the fire ring as we will be able to have it at the pavillion. The pavillion would be a good place to serve as a central meeting place throughout the weekend, so if you want to see if anyone is just hanging around at the campground, go there.

If you have room in your truck, bring along some firewood.

Posted on: 2009/5/1 12:20

Right now it's Weds, Thursday and Friday for me.

Posted on: 2009/5/1 12:23

From Pittsburgh
Probable, but not definite.
Fri-Sun

Posted on: 2009/5/1 12:29

From Pine Grove
Arriving Thursday around 10:00AM, leaving on Saturday afternoon.

Boyer

PS Anybody bringing guitars? How did that work out last year?

Posted on: 2009/5/1 12:37

From Bozeman
Quote:

MattBoyer wrote:
Arriving Thursday around 10:00AM, leaving on Saturday afternoon.

Boyer

PS Anybody bringing guitars? How did that work out last year?

Not well. It was too wet. I think me and ryan were the only ones that brought one.

If you play a packable instrument, bring it.

Posted on: 2009/5/1 12:41

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
I am definitely coming. What I'm not sure of whether I'll arrive Thursday or Friday evening. 75% the latter case. Either way, I should arrive 7-8 p.m. time frame. Don't plan on fishing the first night, just take an hour or so to make camp and head over to the fire for the festivities.

Leaving Sunday afternoon. I'll be looking for someone to fish with saturday and sunday, I have no pre-existing agenda so my options are wide open, but I do know the area fairly well.

I have a guitar, I'm not that good but I can handle the basic chords and play a few tunes. Most of the songs I know well are classic bluegrass and old country (Merle, Waylon, etc.), but I know a classic rock song or two as well. I wasn't sure on the guitar situation either, I'll throw it in and see what happens, it might just stay in the truck if the weather is bad or noone is playing.

My food and drink plan is:

-Marinated beef or pork roast, cut into skewer style strips to cook on a hotdog stick over the fire --> for sharing.
-A few big bottles of Otto's various brews for sharing.
-Case of lager for me and sharing.
-sandwich stuff/snacks/jerky/water for myself.

Posted on: 2009/5/1 12:59

From Lewistown
I'll definately be fishing there amidst everyone, but probably won't stay in the campgroud -- I just live to close to sleep on the ground.

Posted on: 2009/5/1 13:34

From Patterson twp, Pa (Beaver Falls)
Quote:

Not well. It was too wet. I think me and ryan were the only ones that brought one.

If you play a packable instrument, bring it.

I have a drum set, will that work?

I will most likely be coming. Denny and I will come up together and camp. I'll prob work Friday morning and be up there late afternoon/early evening on friday and leave same time on Sunday to return home. I'm pumped, should be a great time!!!

Posted on: 2009/5/1 14:15

From Monessen, PA
Quote:

MKern wrote:
I'll definately be fishing there amidst everyone, but probably won't stay in the campgroud -- I just live to close to sleep on the ground.

Whether you stay in the CG or not, be sure to come over at dark and find the fire ring on Friday and Saturday evenings.

Jonas Price from the Feathered Hook flyshop has agreed to come over and hold one of his enjoyable and informative fireside chats. I'm not sure if he's coming Friday or Saturday, or both, but will probably confirm which night(s) the week of the Jam.

Posted on: 2009/5/2 8:04

From Gettysburg
Will be there on Fri nite - likely pretty late - and will leave Sunday, mid-day.

TL,
Dave

Posted on: 2009/5/2 8:38

From Harrisburg
Dear Jack,

I'm thinking of maybe coming up and meeting with a couple of you guys to fish one of the days but I always bring crappy weather with me.

The last time I showed up at Petticote Junction I left and drove back to my buddy's in Muncy under a freaking tornado warning!

I don't want to ruin your weekend again!

Regards,
Tim Murphy

Posted on: 2009/5/2 15:00

From Monessen, PA
Tim, after you left Cedar Run, the weather did improve. I'll trade drinking a few beers with you for a little bit of rain. We look forward to seeing you. Let us know when to expect you.

Posted on: 2009/5/2 17:37

(1) 2 3 4 ... 7 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
Comments?

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com