Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »

Re: Jamboree '09 Roll Call

From Westmoreland County (near fairgrounds)
I'm leaving mid-afternoon Thursday. I'll catch a hatch on the way up (probably the Little J or Spruce) and arrive Thursday evening. I have a cabin through Saturday night. I'll leave either Sunday or Monday.

Posted on: 2009/5/5 1:20

From Dillsburg
First of all, I would like to say hi to everyone...what a great site. I've been a long-time lurker, but figured I would finally get with the program.

I will be up early Friday morning through Sunday (hopefully under the pavilion). I plan on bringing a newbie who has only a handful of outings under his belt, so this should be a great experience for him. Plus, I've only ever been on Penn's once, so I'm excited myself to explore the area.

I can't wait to meet everyone, and look forward to sharing a few evening laughs and drinks!

Posted on: 2009/5/5 11:31

From Duncannon, PA
We'll be up Thursday evening (14th) hopefully before it gets too dark.

I'd be happy to bring up a bass or two and a travel amp if someone has a converter strong enough to power it, lol. Good at vamping on blues and folk.

I'll be bringing 5 gallons of dark brown strong ale, should be hovering around 8-9% abv. If anyone has a couple 16oz CO2 cartridges (preferably food grade) they'd be helpful for dispensing as traveling with a CO2 bottle isn't a great idea (something about having it near a fire surrounded by a bunch of inebriated individuals seems dangerous as well).

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Posted on: 2009/5/5 12:05

From Patterson twp, Pa (Beaver Falls)
just booked my camp site. Guy said there's plenty of camping room left, so anyone else who is still thinking about it can come join!

Should be a blast!

Posted on: 2009/5/5 17:03

From Schuylkill County
I'll be up Thurs evening, Jack Steele and crew will be joining me sometime Friday. I have to leave sometime on Sunday.

Posted on: 2009/5/5 20:10
if you look at it right...

From Enola, Pa.
Will, sorry I missed you, wife and I planned on spending this week up there, all the rain and high water sent us home Monday. Only got to fish one day at Spring, before the rains came!

I'll probably go up on Wed. and stay till everyone leaves, hope we get a good crowd...sure looks like we will.

Tim
Dogs are welcome at the CG's, hope you can make it!

Dave
Good to see our great leader is coming,save some fish for me!

PaulG

Posted on: 2009/5/6 9:56

Hi Paul. I walked past your camper Saturday AM and Sunday AM but it was pretty early on both days and with the weather and all it was all closed up. Didn't want to risk waking you up - especially since I knew your wife was there too. I hope to see you guys on the 15th.

Posted on: 2009/5/6 15:30

From philadelphia
Quote:

MattBoyer wrote:
Arriving Thursday around 10:00AM, leaving on Saturday afternoon.

Boyer

PS Anybody bringing guitars? How did that work out last year?

i have been car shopping,,with no luck.it looks like if i make it i will go on the motorcycle.that means i probably won't bring my guitar,but she'll be mad.i take her on the bike all the time,but not with tent,sleepin bag,fly rods etc.here is her picture: www.myspace.com/shakeylyman

once again,i am hesitant to say i'm coming because last year when i planned to come my boss kept me home that weekend so he could lay me off.then for the fall jam i was planning on going and was hospitalized for heart failure.

for obvious reasons i don't want to claim i'm going.i think i can sneak up on it this time.

Posted on: 2009/5/7 0:31

From Monessen, PA
Spoke to Rudy (CG owner) yesterday. He said a lfew of the tent campers were asking about setting up under the pavillion. He wanted to know what he should tell them. I suggested he let us handle that. According to Rudy, about 10-15 tents can be accomodated under the roof. This would assume a 2-3 man tent, not a tent-cabin. If you are tenting and want to set up under the pavillion, please don't bring a tent larger than your needs to allow for everyone who wants to set up there to be accomodated.

Keep in mind that the fire ring will be held at the pavillion Friday and Saturday nights, so you won't have peace and quiet there. If it's raining hard, though, you'll probably appreciate the trade-off.

Since so many have indicated a Thursday arrival, we may, emphasize may, be able to use the pavillion Thursday as well for an impromptu gathering and tenting.

Posted on: 2009/5/7 6:57

From Centre County
Hi. I am also a new guy who has been lurking for the past few months. I plan on being there Thurs nite through Sat morn, due to prior commitment. Look forward to meeting Ya'll

Posted on: 2009/5/7 9:11

From Pittsburgh
I'll be there friday thru sunday.
My buddy Mark wants to come again, but his son is graduating from penn state that weekend.
He's hoping to get there at least for one night anyway

Maybe we're getting all the rain over with now, and we'll have nice weather for a change?

Posted on: 2009/5/7 9:14

From Monessen, PA
One week from today. Here's the latest on the weather:

Scattered t-storms today and tomorrow, then dry conditions until Thursday the 14th.

Here is a page for information:

2009 PAFF Jamboree Information Page

If you have never attended or are new to the board, please don't feel that you would be intruding on some private affair if you join us. I think I speak for many of the long-time attendees in saying that we welcome and look forward to meeting new folks each year.

Attending the Jamboree enhances your message board experience greatly. you will meet new friends and more than likely will continue that friendship on the board and off in years to come.

The concept is simple: show up at the campground. Look for the gathering at dark and into the late evening at the pavillion. Introduce yourself and enjoy. We also gather before heading out for the day for coffee at Paul G's camper, though we may shift that to the pavillion this year, still undecided. Don't be shy, come and join us.

Posted on: 2009/5/8 6:57

Edited by JackM on 2009/5/12 6:29:03

From Bozeman
I'm heading up to Coburn today, since I managed to schedule a trip with some friends before the Jam was decided. I'll post my early recon report here on sunday or monday.

Posted on: 2009/5/8 7:34

From chester ct
Anybody bringing any interesting new toys? I'll have a Czech nymphing setup (I do need to learn to nymph some day, after 50+ yrs of dry flies), a bunch of cane from PA and CO makers, some glass and boron and whatever plastic pops out of my wine racks (where I store rods). Also some SM Scotch and a bunch of pipe tobacco blends.

Afish and I will be coming up midTues but leaving Sat, since I have an Alumni Day bass fish thang Sat and a TU FFish School where I teach flycasting and entymology on Sun. Frederick and JayL will be coming after work and staying maybe longer?

This will be my 1st PA Jam, and it will be wonderful to put a face to so many PAFF ffishers that I feel I have gotten to know pretty well. I have been to many Outings, Club events, Conclaves (for awhile I think I had the record for Most Internet based Flyfish Conclaves Attended around the country), Fish-Ins, Gatherings, etc., and it is funny how each group develops its own personality through a Darwinian process. Sometimes this is the case even when the attendees are the same folks!?! A couple of groups struck me as more interested in Martinis, home breweds, cigars or Single Malts than ffishing, but they were still fun.

Looking forward to seeing you all,
les

Posted on: 2009/5/8 8:00

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
Jack,

Its still a long ways off, I don't trust any weather report at this point. But accuweather is much less encouraging than weather.com.

Accuweather says a quarter inch of rain wed. night, a half inch Thursday. The don't give amounts after that, but:

Friday: Warmer with times of sun and clouds, high of 70.
Friday night: Periods of rain, low 48.
Saturday: Cooler with periods of rain, high 63.
Saturday night: Rain, low 48.
Sunday: periods of rain, high 65.
Sunday night: A passing shower, otherwise mostly cloudy. Low 43.

Posted on: 2009/5/8 12:01

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com