Italian Brown Trout

NoMoreCornChuckin

NoMoreCornChuckin

Just wondering if anyone has ever encountered one of these beauties? Not that I'll EVER make to Italy, let alone Europe, but the color is amazing. Would love to hear any of anyone with first hand knowledge....

Attachments

• ItalianBrown2.jpg
    ItalianBrown2.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 9
  • ItalianBrown1.jpg
    ItalianBrown1.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 3
  • ItalianBrown3.jpg
    ItalianBrown3.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 2
Wow, that's cool.

Is that even real!?!? Crazy cool

^Yeah I was also thinking that. First fish is believable, but the second two idk. Still cool looking either way, and even if they were shopped they'd still be nice fish.

streamerguy wrote:
Is that even real!?!? Crazy cool

no, photoshopped. terribly photoshpopped.

They are called Puccini browns. Adventure guides on outdoor channel
Had an episode in Italy. Beautiful fish

I was hoping to attend the Italian bamboo rodmakers meeting in Sansepolcro this year and was looking forward to fishing the Tevere for these fish. Couldn't make the schedule work this year, but will try again next. here is a nice video showing some underwater footage of the Puccini trout: http://youtu.be/Qf-MBPQVlLg
It is amazing just how much variety there is in the trout world. Just within the US there are so many rare and unique strains that I doubt most trout anglers have been able to catch them all.

That is an incredible strain! Those pictures, however, have been enhanced pretty heavily

Here's one I found not quite as bright.

http://www.roamingflyfisher.com/photo/beautyfull-dresses-1

Yes, that's what they should look like. Some cameras have settings to add dynamism to their pictures, really bringing out certain colors (as definitely happened with the pictures in RCFetter's link). So, at best, they really didn't use photoshop and are ignorant of how their camera works. At worst they don't know what they are talking about. Or I don't! Dun dun DUUUUN

The second and 4th pictures from that site are probably untouched

Hope this isn't hijacking, but what do you think of this one. Just saw this last nite. IMO it has most characteristics of a brown but its hard to deny that the spots on the side are clearly like a brookie.

Attachments

• brown2.jpg
    brown2.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 3
Hope this isn't hijacking, but what do you think of this one. Just saw this last nite. IMO it has most characteristics of a brown but its hard to deny that the spots on the side are clearly like a brookie.
They're just typical brown trout spots.

Boy this is gonna get off on the wrong foot. lol the spots have outer blue halo's , then white, and red centers. Brownies are "generally" more sienna with only white halo's.

my father caught a few like that out of a little spring creek we used to fish now n then and they was by God Merican feesh. and much smaller.

Back