HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Is it me?

From Other side of the tracks
Quote:

Stagger_Lee wrote:

Should’ve realized it by his smell and pissed off look on his face .... didn't realize u left us to chuck bait????

I've been told I look pissed off most of the time, but thought it got better after fixing my teeth.

Why would I ever give up baiting in the first place? I likely have mastered it.

Posted on: 4/7 13:22

Posted on: 4/7 13:41

From LV
Good grief, GUYS HE WAS NOT CROWDING THE GUY. HE WAS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THESTREAM.!?*&$**

Posted on: 4/7 16:30

From Coopersburg
I feel like this happened at the kiddie pool. The wallers seem to get sensitive sometimes. I love the LL but my favorite sections are not in tge Heritage section.

Posted on: 4/7 16:37

Quote:

Chaz wrote:
Good grief, GUYS HE WAS NOT CROWDING THE GUY. HE WAS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THESTREAM.!?*&$**

It must be a crowded stream since all these people saw the incident.

Posted on: 4/7 16:44

From Christiana, Delaware
Quote:

Foxgap239 wrote:
Thank God for remote brookie streams. At least the wild creatures out there give you a wide berth, well at least most of them, right Jeff?.

I think the raccoons are very polite most of the time
lol

Posted on: 4/7 17:17

From Christiana, Delaware
Quote:

Stagger_Lee wrote:

Would that annoy anyone else or did I just internally overreact?

Kush:
Your 1st question: It wouldn't annoy me really. I've seen a lot of things... It's sad that he would treat the fish that way thou. I think the guy was just trying to be funny in his own way.

Your 2nd question:
If it annoyed you than you didn't overreact now did you.

One reason I fly fish to get away from the worries. I want to be outdoors and I just try not to let the little things bother me.

At least you didn't have people sending their dogs in near where you were fishing. That's happened to me 4 times on that stretch in 2 years. But it is a park so I just let them go.

Posted on: 4/7 17:27

From Barto PA
Aducker If I'm not mistaken, I believe that anywhere in the Allentown Park system, people are required to keep dogs on a leash. I know for certain that some areas are posted that way. Just ask them if they're aware of the leash rule. When I've done this, some just aren't aware and will leash their dog. More often than not I just get some kind of a wise-a.. answer and they just let the dog run. Very prevalent problem up there though. Will probably look up the number of the park authority and report future incidents.

Posted on: 4/7 22:15

From Parkesburg

Posted on: 4/7 22:45

From Southeast Pa
bad stream etiquette can make for a bad fishing outing although it should never ruin your day, this guy was obviously a jerk. I would have moved spots as soon as I had the chance.

Posted on: 4/8 20:04

From Philadelphia PA
Guys, Gals: Don't let jerks get to you....It's called emotional control.

P.S. I caught a dog once at pennypack. Yip the dog went right across my fly. I did jump for some reason setting the hook in the leg. And yes I got my fly back from the owner/s.

Posted on: 4/9 10:03
"I am respected when I walk into any fly shop. Salespeople wait on me hand and waders. I once tried underwater casting just to see if I could. I am the most admired Fly Fisherman in the world. And when I fly-fish, I use the Orvis Access. Stay Fishing MF

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
Quote:
GUYS HE WAS NOT CROWDING THE GUY. HE WAS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THESTREAM.

On a stream the size of the LL, if I didn't know the other guy, I would consider that crowding. The proximity standards change if you know them, obviously.

I'm not trying to bash ole' stags. The other guy was indeed a jerk. And the question about crowding shows that the definition of such is certainly relative and subjective, and must be learned over time. I'd venture to guess ALL of us have crowded others at times.

Posted on: 4/9 10:25

From reading/susq. co. native
Two years ago I was lectured at length by an older gentleman about proper etiquette after he observed me crowd my buddy and constantly drop my fly right next to his. I did this for several minutes and neither I or my friend let on that we knew each other. As I was moving away this gentleman quietly asked if he could have a word with me and proceeded to tell me the ins and outs of respecting other anglers space. I just took the lecture without letting on that I was just paying my friend back for low holing me while we were steelhead fishing. My buddy still can't tell this story without breaking down in hysterics.
BTW this was also at the LL

Posted on: 4/9 23:18

From Couldn't Care Less
Quote:
Pcray wrote:
Quote:
Chaz wrote:

GUYS HE WAS NOT CROWDING THE GUY. HE WAS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THESTREAM.

On a stream the size of the LL, if I didn't know the other guy, I would consider that crowding. The proximity standards change if you know them, obviously.

I'm not trying to bash ole' stags. The other guy was indeed a jerk. And the question about crowding shows that the definition of such is certainly relative and subjective, and must be learned over time. I'd venture to guess ALL of us have crowded others at times.

Ah .. u've answered enough of my 'stupid' questions over the past 2 years that I say u have earned the right to 'bash' me . Hell I take 'bashing' as constructive criticism. That said ... Chaz been @ this game longer then u so I take him FTW cause not only on the other side of the LL I was also downstream.

Posted on: 4/10 8:10

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
There's no winners and losers. Each of us has separate expectations on what a "reasonable" amount of room means. That's kind of the problem.

For my own definition, on the LL, it's not a small stream, but still small enough that opposite sides of the stream doesn't mean much of anything.

Downstream, yes, that matters. And how much is the key. And it varies not only by the stream, but by the day. If the stream is packed that day, a fishermen shouldn't expect much room. If there's only a few guys around, there's no reason to approach within 50 yards of anyone else.

Posted on: 4/10 11:26

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com