Is AcmeMapper.com Down?

T

troutbert

My favorite mapping website is AcmeMapper.com.

And I can't get it to work on Firefox or Safari. Both are old versions on an old computer.

Is it working for you?

The thing I like about AcmeMapper is that it has a regular road map, satellite view, and topo map view, and it's very easy to just click from one to the other.

Are there other good alternatives?

https://mapper.acme.com is working for me.

Thanks.

It must be my old browsers / computer then.

7-8 years old and obsolete. I hate that.

Opened for me using Internet Explorer.

I use Back Country navigator on my Android Devices and Expert GPS on the laptop.

I like being able to have topos &/or aerial photos of the areas I'm going to haunt. I struggled w/ the decision to buy mapping software. But for less than $50.00 I get portability between devices, & freedom from cell phone service & internet connections.

I like the ability to capture waypoints either at my desk or in real time. If I find a place to which I want to go or return to on a stream, on a lake or in the field, I can get within about 3 m of that spot.

Just to wear a belt and suspenders, I also bought a spare battery pack. I never had to use it though. Of course I never go afield without a compass for backup and often, depending on location, a paper map. You can get turned around right quick in the Big Thicket Natl Preserve.

Like Dan'l Boone, I've never been lost... just a mite confused some times...

troutbert wrote:
Thanks.

It must be my old browsers / computer then.

7-8 years old and obsolete. I hate that.

It worked for me also.

FWIW - my apple computer is about 5 years old. And it came with a program called mountain lion.
For the last year or so, we were also having problems doing many things with that (now) older program. Like checking the radar in motion on the weather channel. And many bills we were paying on line wouldn't work anymore lately.
So we finally decided to up grade the program to the newest version - which is called "yosemite"
And it was well worth doing. We can do anything we want to again now, with no problems whatsoever

Back