Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Insoles in wading boots - what is everyone using?

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
Thanks man, any recommendations on the heel wedge and where I could get it? Willing to give it a shot for sure. Probably would get 3 or 4 pairs and put em in all my shoes rather than trying to transfer em all the time.

When I went to the doctor before he prescribed inserts with a high arch built in. This did NOT work, I think it made it worse.

Thank you, by the way, I feel like I am closer to understanding this thing than I ever have been. It's not exactly been a terrible handicap, but certainly a chronic annoyance!

Posted on: 2012/6/18 20:43

Edited by pcray1231 on 2012/6/18 21:06:21
Edited by pcray1231 on 2012/6/18 21:09:52

Re: Insoles in wading boots - what is everyone using?

From NE OH
You are correct, a total contact medial arch in an orthotic for a person with an high arch is the worst thing you can do for them. Because of your high arch, you are already supinating (the opposite of pronating). When you build the arch too high...it just makes that process even worse. Although high arch foot types do benefit from an orthotic for many conditions, I do more adjustments to the arches in them than I do for flatfoot patients.

You can just Google "lateral heel wedge" and it will give you several purchase options. I would start with 1/8" wedges. Most people do not need 1/4" wedges.

The reason I will never be one of those financially wealthy doctors, Pat, is because I am more interested in getting a thorough history from folks, doing a thorough exam, and then helping people understand their pathology. When patients understand what they have, they are much more compliant with treatment, and ultimately get better quicker with less cost to the health care system. Unfortunately, that takes time and we don't get paid for that kind of time. We get paid by either performing procedures or running you through the office like cattle. I do a lot of procedures because I'm a surgeon, but I refuse to rush patients through the office. I will get out of medicine before I do that. Oh yea...I just happen to be married to an engineer that supports my practice of medicine habit

Posted on: 2012/6/18 21:51

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com