Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

Re: IT'S OFFICAL

From Bozeman
I recommend Clarithromycin and Doxycyclene. Eat lots of yogurt and keep a roll of TP handy. No direct sunlight, laying down for 30 minutes after taking them, or excess drinking. You must drink 2-3 glasses of water with them, so you'll be up twice per night to take a leak (assuming the explosive diarrhea doesn't get you first). It's going to be a long 9 months.

I tried to disregard every single warning about the side effects at least once, and paid dearly each time (learned about the prolonged sunlight this weekend).

I loved wet wading as much as the next guy, but be careful.

Posted on: 2010/6/1 15:06

From Other side of the tracks
Quote:

acristickid wrote:
Ha-yea.

Mo was wet wading in April.

Tim Murphy probably only wears waders for steelheading.

We're big sissys.

I'm betting Tim has wet waded for steelhead, too. I have as early as March. But it was before I bought a pair of breathable waders.

I can't stand to wear non-breathable waders anymore, and never could stand them before when the air temperature got much above 35 or 40. But as i get older, I'm finding I wear the waders later and later in the season. I'm blaming on the BP pills.

Posted on: 2010/6/1 15:39

From Suburban Pittsburgh
Nice pictures Acristik, looks like you found some fishable water during the sweltering heatwave here in the western part of the state. I opted not to fish due to the heat. Your photos make me question my logic.

I'm not a fan of wet wading unless I'm fishing streams small enough that I could step across. Even then I am sure to wear long pants and my wading boots. Jay's experience confirmed my logic as to why i prefer to wear waders year round.

Posted on: 2010/6/1 15:47

From Other side of the tracks
I hear that on the wading boots. I used to just wear old tennis shoes, but not anymore.

Posted on: 2010/6/1 15:57

From SEPA
I thought abotu it this weekend, and then I thought about Jay's leg.

I'd rather sweat some more weight off than have a flesh eating bacteria take care of it.

Posted on: 2010/6/1 16:08

From Mont Co, Pa
Jay, I'm amazed that sore is still open. You would be nuts to wet wade again! As I've said before, I never wet wade. Most of the creeks I fish have too many hazards, and the possibility of stepping on a snake is very real. I don't like snakes (never have seen a poisonous one) and I want protection on my legs so I can fish with confidence. But yes, wet wading would feel better.

Posted on: 2010/6/1 16:49

From Bozeman
It's miniscule at this point. Three fingertip sized dots that scab then reopen on about a two week cycle. The rest is just a big shiny crater. Even so, I've learned my lesson about creek water.

Posted on: 2010/6/1 16:56

From florida
Wet wading here;do the stingray shuffle.Those suckers are in the sand on the beaches makin whoopie.

Posted on: 2010/6/1 17:22

From Gettysburg
Quote:

gulfgreyhound wrote:
Wet wading here;do the stingray shuffle.Those suckers are in the sand on the beaches makin whoopie.

GG,
You ain't kiddin!
South FL is crawling with rays. Although I'm very careful wading and have never been "hit" by one, I've kicked my fair share of rays. They truly scare me. I know folks who have been stung by rays and man do they describe some hurtin. Sharks don't bother me and cudas are WAY overrated as dangerous.

Stingrays are another story.

Posted on: 2010/6/1 17:47

From Montgomery County
I'm more concerned about poison ivy, vegetation and bugs ripping apart my legs while moving around the stream. As long as I got a little toe/ankle protection and will be in the water most of the time, I'll go in. I have to say, I never gave any thought to infections from river water though...

Posted on: 2010/6/1 17:57

From LV
I only wet wade the cleanest streams I fish, surprisingly that doesn't include all brookie streams I fish.

Posted on: 2010/6/1 18:05

I started today, man it was nice. The only thing I dont like is the lack of protection from snakes, and no felt bottoms on my vans hahaha

Posted on: 2010/6/1 19:37

Ty
Keystone Fly Fishing

From Pgh
Jay,
I don't know the story about your leg. What happened?

Posted on: 2010/6/1 22:38

From The Hilton
Quote:

bam wrote:
I'm more concerned about poison ivy, vegetation and bugs ripping apart my legs while moving around the stream. As long as I got a little toe/ankle protection and will be in the water most of the time, I'll go in. I have to say, I never gave any thought to infections from river water though...

I get poison real bad....since switching over to breathable waders about 4 years ago I havent gotten nearly as much!

Posted on: 2010/6/1 22:43

From Bozeman
There's a whole thread that lasted from the beginning (.22 sized puncture wound) to the middle (giant rotting zombie wound) to now (slowly healing crater). The short version is that I fell on a rock (with waders on...without, it would have filleted me). It gave me a deep bone bruise and puncture, and the wound was apparently seeded with Mycobateria.

Here's the post with the graphic pic...

Posted on: 2010/6/1 22:43

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com