Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: IS this brown a native fish!?

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
My post was an obvious lol. Your actual troll was a fail as you should have started a spot burning issue if you wanted conflict. For someone that has been on the site for as long as you have, I would think you could do better.

Posted on: 2013/4/26 9:35

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/

From Eastern PA
Quote:

mute wrote:

As far as keeping the fish, i prefer not to keep fish in dhalo special reg areas. And as far as the damage to the fish, yea it was out of the water longer then id usually care for, and not treated as delicately as i usually would. But the fact of the matter was i don't expect that fish to live past tomorrow anyway seeing this stream is poached ethically and unethically almost every day.

Oh ya, if it's DHALO you can't keep fish anyway right now. Good call.

Posted on: 2013/4/26 9:35

From Eastern PA
Quote:

SBecker wrote:
My post was an obvious lol. Your actual troll was a fail as you should have started a spot burning issue if you wanted conflict. For someone that has been on the site for as long as you have, I would think you could do better.

Shut up Shame. Instigator.

Posted on: 2013/4/26 9:36

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
Shut up Jdaddy!

Posted on: 2013/4/26 9:37

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/

From Central, PA
where is Farmer Dave when you need a good laugh

Posted on: 2013/4/26 9:37

Edited by Hook_Jaw on 2013/4/26 10:34:50

From Patterson twp, Pa (Beaver Falls)
The rainbow I'm sure is still swimming unless creeled.

I've caught a few 6-7" stockies this year, and even though they're rainbows, stocked fish have a distinct body shape. Body is much bigger than it should be due to over feeding. That fish, without looking at a close up, didn't have that distinct body shape. If I had to guess I'd put it, just due to those factors closer to the "Native" side lol. but maybe just 51% sure.

Posted on: 2013/4/26 10:12

From NE OH
Quote:

mute wrote:
And as far as the damage to the fish, yea it was out of the water longer then id usually care for, and not treated as delicately as i usually would. But the fact of the matter was i don't expect that fish to live past tomorrow anyway seeing this stream is poached ethically and unethically almost every day.

To preface, I just want to clarify that I was not offended about your post or your question. No way to tell from your video if the brown was wild or not. Just not close enough of a shot to see the details. And to finish off Ryan's point, I caught a 5" stocker brown on Elk last week. I don't even know why they stock them that small. They will not live and they are below the minimun size to keep them. Makes no sense to me...

As for the handling of the bow. Hey, you have to make those choices on how to handle fish. Everyone one this forum has handled a fish like that at some point. We need to do a better job of leading on these topics than beating up people.

Now, here's is the man to man issue I would raise in your above statement: Regardless of what you think might happen to that fish in the future, you can't make that an excuse to handle it poorly today. The realitly is, you don't know sure. If you knew your best friend wasn't going to live past tomorrow, you would be very respectful the day before, not treat him worse. So, yea it's a stocker, but why not give the thing all of the diginity you can. After all, you already hooked him in the mouth and yanked him out of his house against his will That's just food for thought.

Posted on: 2013/4/26 10:46

From Valley Forge
They dont stock fingerlings in that creek to my knoledge and I know I have caught stream bred fish there as well. Id say that little brown is wild, I wish there was a nice population there..... right around the corner from me.

Posted on: 2013/4/26 13:02

From Landenberg, PA
Mine was a subtle lol. Was just busting chops tis all.

See my comments on the stockie vs wild thread. I have no issues with stockies.

Posted on: 2013/4/26 13:30

From Northern VA
Knowing that stream and its tribs, that is likely a wild brown. Doubt they stay in the main stream year round, but maybe they could in a huge pool like that.

Posted on: 2013/4/26 16:47

From Media, PA
Mute, I grew up a couple miles from the Pickering so have fished it off and on for over fifty years. I have caught a few small browns that were possibly stream bred though their colors didn't compare to say Valley Creek, or Little Lehigh fish. (both Limestone, however) A couple of the tribs Pigeon Run, Hartman Run) stay pretty cool and have enough gravel to support spawning so it is possible. I see the state put big fish everywhere this time around.

Posted on: 2013/4/26 18:21

From Enola, Pa.

I rarely go higher then 5x, sometimes if I run into some fussy Tricos I will use 6x. I always figured I could land any size trout with 5x, it's all in the way you play your fish.

PaulG

Posted on: 2013/4/29 17:42

From Millersburg, PA
It certainly seemed like a wild trout to me. However, whether it's wild, stocked, or a native brook, trout are fun to catch. If I caught a fish like that I'd be just as excited if I caught a big stockie just to know the fish are breeding in the stream.

Posted on: 2013/4/29 18:23

From Elizabethtown
Quote:

Van_Cleaver wrote:
Mute, I grew up a couple miles from the Pickering so have fished it off and on for over fifty years. I have caught a few small browns that were possibly stream bred though their colors didn't compare to say Valley Creek, or Little Lehigh fish. (both Limestone, however) A couple of the tribs Pigeon Run, Hartman Run) stay pretty cool and have enough gravel to support spawning so it is possible. I see the state put big fish everywhere this time around.

They'll all be spot-burned by friday

Posted on: 2013/4/30 1:57

From Johnstown, PA
The only other person that wrote it was JDaddy......rainbow.....oh by the way did you mean the first fish in the video or the big rainbow? The first one , the smaller one . the pic isn't clear enough for me to tell , of course instead of blaming it on your pic it could be my eyes are gettin old. What are those dark marks on the flank when you flip him over? Usually because of the slime membrane stuff doesn't stick , are those marks part of the fish? I'm talking about the marks on the big one you flipped over.

Posted on: 2013/5/1 7:02

Edited by osprey on 2013/5/1 7:30:59

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes 95% (139)
No 0% (0)
Thinking about it 4% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com