I had a great morning (PS: LL Bean is having a sale)

W

Wmass

I wasn't fishing this morning but had a great morning otherwise and it was fishing related.

I posted a few weeks ago about how I busted my fly rod. Well, on Friday Orvis sent me a brand spankin new one to replace it. Gota love that 25yr guarantee.

Then this morning I drove to the LL Bean store in Marlton NJ to exchange some waders that I got for Christmas a few years ago that were leaking all the time. The guy helping me said they didn't make that model waders anymore and that I could get store credit for the $79.99 they cost. I started looking at the waders they did have in stock and there were a nice pair of breathables for $150 and boots for $100, so I was just going to bite the cost and get them. Then I noticed that everything was on sale. I got the waders for $25.00 and I got wading boots for $20, BOTH significantly marked down. And I still had about $36 bucks worth of store credit so I picked up about a dozen flies and some leaders.

I FELT LIKE I ROBBED THE PLACE WHEN I WAS WALKING OUT. If you guys can get over there they may still have some deals.

NEWJERSEY GUY I PMed you back. Let me know how you make out.

Thanks for the heads up. I went over there today and bought three lines for 15 bucks apiece. I have never in 30 years bought a line that cheap!

If anyone is thinking about going over there I will give you some info on things I saw for sale.

Breathable waders were going cheap and they still had good stocks.

Wading boots were going cheap but the supplies were limited.

They had some fly selections sitting on top of the reel case for 5 bucks ( 10 streamers for 5 bucks, not bad).

They also had some rods and reels on sale.

you convinced me, I went back today and bought a pair of breathable's and a pair of boots-$48.

Back