Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: I'm an Idiot!

From Philadelphia PA
A couple of questions:
1. You had trout on, correct?
2. You at least had some flies?
3. And of course flyrod and line?

So I don't see where the problem lies. Unless you were unable to catch trout after you got angry with yourself.
Many a forgetfulnesses have launched new flies without a doubt.

Posted on: 2013/9/5 8:55
"I am respected when I walk into any fly shop. Salespeople wait on me hand and waders. I once tried underwater casting just to see if I could. I am the most admired Fly Fisherman in the world. And when I fly-fish, I use the Orvis Access. Stay Fishing MF

From Other side of the tracks
Quote:

Many a forgetfulnesses have launched new flies without a doubt.

Aint that the truth.

Besides, it seems that nearly every time I go fly fishing, I do not seem to have the right fly. That's my story and I am sticking with it.

Posted on: 2013/9/5 9:35

2 times this year in very remote areas I put a fly rod down to study two separate GPS units. I was hiking with pairs of trekking poles and had the fly rods bagged and broken down -- four piece 6'9" ones.. figured out the navigation aha! got on the move and - you guessed it - walked away from the fly rods... only realized much later. areas were so remote that even though I have a GPS trace I did not go back and look for them..

ah have to laugh about stuff like that

I also agree that you can edit flies get the snippers and make them smaller

Posted on: 2013/9/5 9:36

Edited by k-bob on 2013/9/5 9:52:08
Edited by k-bob on 2013/9/5 9:52:40

From Pgh
If you're an idiot, I am a complete moron.

Over the years, I've forgotten waders, reels, fly boxes, licenses--before you could print multiple ones via computer--and once I even forgot everything! (I actually thought I had left my gear in the trunk of my car from a previous trip. I was so tired when I got home I had forgotten I quickly unloaded everything.)

I've always been absent minded. Now that I'm getting older it seems to happening more often.

Posted on: 2013/9/5 9:41

From Philadelphia
Thanks to all, I feel a bit better about my "senior moment" (by the way, I really like this excuse). I really was laughing at myself but did know I needed to leave before the fall so that I remained laughing and didn't start balling my eyes out when the fish rejected anything I had and munched on tasty trico spinners!

Slight adendum to make myself sound even more "senior". When I got home yesterday, the flies weren't on my bench at all, instead after tying up a few flies to make sure I had enough, I put them in the box where I keep seasonal flies that won't be used again until next year. And to think this will probably only get worse as the years go by.

As my dad says, "it's hell getting old but it sure beats the alternative".

Posted on: 2013/9/5 9:54

Quote:

Foxgap239 wrote:
Thanks to all, I feel a bit better about my "senior moment" (by the way, I really like this excuse).

Greenghost didn't like it at all, but he will likely forget it soon enough.

Posted on: 2013/9/5 10:22

oh, stuff just happens with gear and flies... I tried using skier water bottles that broke on a hot hike ... I realized that most of my water was gone.... that was not funny!

Posted on: 2013/9/5 10:39

From Perry County
Some times we have a gallons worth of knowledge for a shot glass sized spot, some things are going to spill out!

Any more I am usually truly amazed when I get some where and figure out I DIDN'T forget something, ya know! Especially when I travel to say Erie steel heading or Pine creek or the Little j, all I'm thinking about is getting to the stream.

Posted on: 2013/9/5 14:52

Hell, I'm that way just commuting back and forth to work.

Posted on: 2013/9/5 15:52

From Etters,Pa
Quote:
The last word I think of to describe you would be idiot. You're one of the smartest fishermen I know. If you'd have called, I would have made an emergency trico delivery - that's what buddies are for.

I will have to agree with Ed on this one. Every time I fish with either one of you guys all I can do is think is thank you Don. With that being said I will NEVER trust your meteorological skills.

Attach file:

jpg  image.jpg (60.44 KB)
5782_52292212e5d75.jpg 525X590 px

Posted on: 2013/9/5 20:30

From Abington
Quote:

delta_dog wrote:

I will have to agree with Ed on this one. Every time I fish with either one of you guys all I can do is think is thank you Don. With that being said I will NEVER trust your meteorological skills.

What he said.

Posted on: 2013/9/6 5:19

From Philadelphia
I still think we could have fished if we waited a little longer, I knew it would stop!

Posted on: 2013/9/6 9:35

From Lehigh Valley
Quote:

Foxgap239 wrote:
I still think we could have fished if we waited a little longer, I knew it would stop!

OK, Noah.

Attach file:

jpg  swimming_fox1.jpg (29.82 KB)
72_5229f7d592d62.jpg 450X300 px

Posted on: 2013/9/6 11:28

From LV
Lighten up George, you did catch fish, and often trout will eat flies other than the tiny ones dropping on the water if they think it's a meal. When are we going fishing again?

Posted on: 2013/9/7 7:43

From Etters,Pa
Quote:

We know how you are when you wanna go fishin. Unstoppable !

Attach file:

jpg  image.jpg (19.60 KB)
5782_522b13e33de71.jpg 280X180 px

Posted on: 2013/9/7 7:54

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com