Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: I'm an Idiot!

From Philadelphia
I shall add to the consensus: I have three vests. One license. You know the rest.

Anyway, now that along with flyguy I can legitimately claim senior status and moments, here's one way to avoid one ( of my many) idiot moments with regard to licenses: Buy online and make a dozen copies!

Anyway, Fox, you only describe a place we all know too well.
Coughlin

Posted on: 2013/9/4 17:35

From Lancaster
I remember walking way back in to the headwaters of a native brookie stream only to realize that I left my brookie box in the truck and had my smallmouth box with me (nothing in there smaller than a size 8 4XL hook). I didn't have time to walk the whole way out to get it so I just had fun with them. Some of the reactions I got from those little Brookies to those big WW flies were priceless! I think it might have taken them a week to recover from the invasion. Oh yeah, I firmly got skunked.

Don't be too hard in yourself, Fox ....... Life is just too short!

Posted on: 2013/9/4 18:58

From Lehigh Valley
Quote:

Foxgap239 wrote:
Maybe "idiot" isn't a strong enough term now that I think about it.

The last word I think of to describe you would be idiot. You're one of the smartest fishermen I know.

If you'd have called, I would have made an emergency trico delivery - that's what buddies are for.

Posted on: 2013/9/4 19:01

After a rough day, I promptly drove to one of my favorite "get-away" brookie streams. Only to realize my chest box was on my fly tying bench from the night before. So I set land speed records getting back home. I only had less than an hour of light left on the stream but still brought one of the nicest brookies I've caught there to hand.

Edit: I forgot about running to Spring Creek one day after class and realizing I'd left my waders an hour away at home.

Posted on: 2013/9/4 19:05
"I think I fish, in part, because it's an anti-social, bohemian business that, when gone about properly, puts you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution." John Gierach

From Lansdale
Quote:

Heritage-Angler wrote:
Quote:

Foxgap239 wrote:
Maybe "idiot" isn't a strong enough term now that I think about it.

The last word I think of to describe you would be idiot. You're one of the smartest fishermen I know.

If you'd have called, I would have made an emergency trico delivery - that's what buddies are for.

Sounds like an excuse for an emergency fishing trip.

Posted on: 2013/9/4 19:07

From Philadelphia
Quote:

Heritage-Angler wrote:

Trust me when I tell you the THOUGHT did cross my mind but I figured you had just gotten to sleep.

Posted on: 2013/9/4 19:57

From Philadelphia
Quote:

dc410 wrote:
Don't be too hard in yourself, Fox ....... Life is just too short!

Thanks for the pick me up guys but they tell me self deprivation is good for the soul...............boy my soul must be stellar!

Posted on: 2013/9/4 19:58

From Bucks County, PA
Dog's computer must be broken since its been all day and he hasn't chimed in on this one yet. It doesn't take a softball for him to hit em out of the park but you put this one on a tee.

I know the feeling though when I left my waders and boots at home to go fish the LL and also the rod one time when I went to valley. It blows but at least you caught fish. Im sure you could of found a way to catch them on something else during the spinner fall if you weren't ready to break your rod in half

Posted on: 2013/9/4 20:06

Webmaster
We have all done it in one way or another. I left my fly rod at stream one time. Had that weird sense of something not being right as I was driving for about 45 minutes and then it dawned on me. Jumped out of the truck and checked to find my empty rod case. Had to drive back and search for it with a flashlight. Easily found, but a lesson learned.

Fox, when all else fails just break out an Adams.

Posted on: 2013/9/4 20:28

From Lehigh Valley
Quote:

martin0206 wrote:
Dog's computer must be broken since its been all day and he hasn't chimed in on this one yet. It doesn't take a softball for him to hit em out of the park but you put this one on a tee.

Just got off the phone with him a little while ago, and oddly enough, his computer IS broken. He's got a couple of 'em though.

Fox usually finds a way to pay things back - here's something to lure da Dawg out of the weeds....

Attach file:

jpg  beer fox.jpg (50.36 KB)
72_5227d0a108d59.jpg 512X384 px

Posted on: 2013/9/4 20:30

Boy, if that was the dumbest thing I did all day, I'd be in great shape! I think you may be coming down a little hard on yourself!

Posted on: 2013/9/4 20:42

From Ohio
Quote:
I left my fly rod at stream one time. Had that weird sense of something not being right as I was driving for about 45 minutes and then it dawned on me. Jumped out of the truck and checked to find my empty rod case. Had to drive back and search for it with a flashlight. Easily found, but a lesson learned.

That happened to me last fall. As I was relaxing on the recliner watching Sunday night football after a long day of fishing the thought crossed my mind: I think I left my rod at the stream! It just so happens it was my favorite rod and meant a lot to me, so I jumped off the chair, put on my shoes, and made the 45min trek back out to the stream! Luckily the rod was right where I left it, but I definitely learned a lesson that day.

I also left a rod on top of the car before and drove off with it, only to see it tumble off in the rear view mirror. That happened on my trip to CO last year, so maybe I was just really excited to hit the next stream and completely forgot about putting the rod away. There was a dent on the reel(my most expensive reel of course..) but everything else was ok.

I've done a few other idiotic things before, but those two definitely take the cake.

Posted on: 2013/9/4 21:23

From North East PA
Fox, you make me smile!

PS: Please note the extreme restraint utilized by me not teeing off on the title of your post.

Dave

Posted on: 2013/9/4 21:25

"Hey, Wait, that rock is moving" - Pat D, Newbie Jam, 3/16/13

From Clinton County, Pa.
Fox, more than once I have had to turn around and go home. One time I forgot my flyrod and another I forgot my boots and waders. One time halfway to the stream Old Lefty informed me he forgot his fishing license. We have all been there and I'm sure those kind of things will continue to happen. Hey we are all human. Well most of us are!

Posted on: 2013/9/4 21:48

From Ferguson Twp.
Man that stinks when that happens, just recently after getting to the stream I found that my go to nymph box was still on the tying table. Another time I drove an hour in archery season started getting my stuff out of the truck... no arrows! What can you do? It happens to all of us.

Posted on: 2013/9/4 22:12

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
Comments?

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com