afishinado

afishinado

Staff member
:-o

Attachments

• HurTrack2.JPG
    HurTrack2.JPG
    269.9 KB · Views: 9
Oh great....at least the last one was over the weekend and I didn't have to take a day off to get water out of the basement. I heard the way the gulf stream is this summer could funnel alot of storms up the the east coast. Just like what happened with Irene.

What a difference a couple hundred miles makes.

It is dry as a bone here south of Pittsburgh. Last week, while the east was flooding, SWPA had some passing clouds and a breeze but no rain to speak of. Speaking for the west, I would love a good soaking.

Had a short outing in the mountains yesterday and the creeks were low,low,low.

Looks like maybe a double barrel. One tropical system from the Atlantic, one coming up from the gulf for the end of the week. Could get very interesting if they meet up...

Lee is headed to the NE with a bullseye on all of PA. Maybe the rest of the state will get the rain they need.

editorial pages here keep chastising "the media" for having coverage of the last hurricane because it was "nothing".

I am sure that is just what this gal was thinking...

Attachments

• Hurricane-damage-007.jpg
    Hurricane-damage-007.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 3
Interesting. I just got off the phone about a potential fishing trip. State College vs Hancock? Looks like both could end up blown out. Great.

tomgamber wrote:
editorial pages here keep chastising "the media" for having coverage of the last hurricane because it was "nothing".

Which newspaper? And these were editorials, not letters to the editor?

I am hoping for some significant rain here in central PA, but not of the flooding variety. I'd like to sneak off to a mountain freestoner or two a day or two after a non-flooding rain with an Adams or a Wright Caddis and see what I could do in 70-degree weather. But, I realize you have to be careful what you wish for!

I thought the low pressure that Lee is bringing is keeping Katia out at sea?

I know this much, from what I saw and the stream reports, I'll make it a point to get on the water the day before it hits.

I have heard about "getting fronted", squaretail, and can't remember if I have fished before a front moves in. I have heard it is great fishing, but afterwards you can get skunked or fronted. I thought about heading out if I can today to try some spots somewhere. I know most places are still recovering from the Irene. I do need to blow off some steam as well....

Back