Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: How was cabin fever?
From Monessen, PA
Quote:

OldLefty wrote:
dryflyguy:

In Germany all trout landed must be KILLED! When you've reached your limit, you're finished.

The Green Party is primarily responsible for the all caught must be killed reg. No catch and release in Germany.

In reading a book by a couple British fly anglers, they briefly discuss a similar rule that obtains at some (or maybe most) "club waters" in the empire. What I found interesting was the reason for the rule-- they do not want educated trout in their waters. Once a legal sized trout has fallen to an artificial, they want it removed from the water, presumably so that it won't warn its friends.

Posted on: 2007/3/8 16:38

I remember that stream, was there in the 50s, I esecially remember the blue water and schools of trout in the shallows.

Posted on: 2007/3/8 16:44

From Pittsburgh
little juniata:

We drove along this stream going to and from hitlers eagles nest from Saulzburg, Austria. So it must be close to the border
Unfortunately, our tour guide didn't know much about fishing - in fact he told us it's not very popular in Germany.
Anyway, I remember thinking about maybe going back there to fish someday. But that would be very tough if you have to kill every fish caught. too bad

Posted on: 2007/3/9 0:37

From Southeast PA
Quote:

OldLefty wrote:
In Germany all trout landed must be KILLED! When you've reached your limit, you're finished.

The Green Party is primarily responsible for the all caught must be killed reg. No catch and release in Germany.

That's a bad precedent that I hope PETA doesn't try to impose here. Not that they would have any success, but could you imagine the aggravation they could cause?

Quote:

JackM wrote:
In reading a book by a couple British fly anglers, they briefly discuss a similar rule that obtains at some (or maybe most) "club waters" in the empire. What I found interesting was the reason for the rule-- they do not want educated trout in their waters. Once a legal sized trout has fallen to an artificial, they want it removed from the water, presumably so that it won't warn its friends.

What a bunch of weenies!

Posted on: 2007/3/9 8:31

From Bozeman
That stream in Oberamergau is absolutely amazing. I didn't see any trout but I knew they had to be in there.

There was not one ounce of silt or dirt in the streambed... amazing.

Posted on: 2007/3/9 10:14

From New Castle, PA
OldLefty,
I always enjoy your presentations, the close to home and the far away. While I probably never will fish in Europe, your information on streams I fish are enjoyable to see in mid-winter. I have a cabin in Lamar and can picture myself in those area waters.
Jim Kearney

Posted on: 2007/3/9 12:06

From Greensburg, PA
Quote:

OldLefty wrote:

Yes, I read that too...but I think some more facts are interesting. The slot limit of trout is between 1.15ft and 1.5 ft. (i'm a fan of slot limits) If you take a fish it costs roughly 13 dollars in addition to the 36 dollars a day just to fish. (it must either be really difficult or the days don't last very long) They actually have minimum rod and tippet size restrictions.

It sounded interesting so I googled it...found this article which served my immediate curiosity. I'm sure there are others perhaps better ones.

http://tinyurl.com/ywzwkh

Posted on: 2007/3/9 12:56

From Southeast PA
No wonder fishing isn't popular in Germany!

(Upon reading that article, I think the slot limits and $ is imposed just by the owner of the stretch of water the author was fishing, in order to prevent his water from being totally fished out.)

Posted on: 2007/3/9 15:48

From Attitudinally, one mile south of Lake LeBoeuf
"The Green Party is primarily responsible for the all caught must be killed reg. No catch and release in Germany."

The benchmark for truly wise legislation and for deciding if it deserves to become law is to examine it to determine if those who propose it would be willing to also have it apply to them as well.

I wonder what appropriate creel limits and minumum sizes for German Greens should be?

Posted on: 2007/3/10 9:18

Thats the same stream, I have pictures of the eagles nest somewhere I loved the Weiner Schnitzel from the small towns, made from scratch. That is a beautiful area, caught grayling around Wurzburg or somewhere in Germany, kind of forget the stream name I know you needed a license to fish and another license to fish the stream.

Posted on: 2007/3/10 16:25

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com