Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

How much more can I take?

From SEPA
Deep freeze is killing me. I feel like Joe Pesci in those Snickers ads. Can I ice fish with skagit gear?

Posted on: 12/31 13:30

Re: How much more can I take?
From Dallastown, PA
Calm down N-W, oh the Irony of Triple posting your muse about losing it.Love it!

Tie some flies.

Posted on: 12/31 13:44

From Jefferson Hills, Pa
https://www.angelsenvy.com/whiskey/
That oughta do it. Happy New Year

Posted on: 12/31 13:48

From Burke VA
Find a tailwater......

Posted on: 12/31 13:52

From Long Island
Just gonna have to sack up and go fish the streams that stay warmer in the winter...

Posted on: 12/31 14:04

From lancaster county
If Iwas you I'd go.
Winter fishing in a deep freeze is some of my favorite. In the past 3 months I have gotten sick from my kids so many times I've hardly done anything. I wish I could. I'm finally getting better so maybe in a few weeks.

Posted on: 12/31 14:25

From Gettysburg
Quote:

Nymph-wristed wrote:
Deep freeze is killing me. I feel like Joe Pesci in those Snickers ads. Can I ice fish with skagit gear?

I hear yuh.

With last winter so mild it has seemed that we've become accustomed to nearly year round open water season. Last year I was FFing for river bass in January(!). So yes, a deep and extended winter cold period such as this can really be a downer as we wait for milder weather.

Nevertheless, as others have pointed out, there's fly tying and other home projects and if you dress approiately you can scratch the fishing bug a bit. I'm heading out tomorrow.

The river WW game is shut down but spring creeks and even mountain brookies are fishable right now. There's not much snow on the ground here in the SCPA region so mountain streams, although they're icy, are faily easy to access (I'd rather have some ice on pools than deep snow).

For those of us who are fortunate to live fairly close to mountain brookies and limestone streams, it's not that hard to find some decent trout fishing. For others some drive time makes it tougher.

Posted on: 12/31 14:55

From Erie Co.
I've been shoveling every day this week. there is only some much room for 6'+ feet of snow. I haven't been able to do anything else.

Posted on: 12/31 16:17

From Easton, PA
I don’t envy your shoveling. I was able to get out fishing Fri and Sat, and even had some dryfly action. It’s nice to be local to limestone influenced creeks.

Posted on: 12/31 16:20

From SEPA
Quote:

fisherboy3 wrote:
Just gonna have to sack up and go fish the streams that stay warmer in the winter...

Put your sack where your mouth is... wait, money where you sack is... wait, forget it. What I am trying to say is I am going Wednesday somewhere if you are off next week. If not, I am mostly off until 1/18, I think, so hit me up.

Posted on: 12/31 18:15

From florida
If winter come can spring be far behind?
Winter sucks even here in Florida. GG

Posted on: 1/1 2:18

From Chester County
Winter does suck....and it's crazy cold right now.

FFing isn't really any fun with frozen lines and guides.

But if you look at the weather forecast for next week and the following week, the high temps are forecasted rise into and high 30's and into 40's some days.

Definitely doable for a winter trip or two....just hang on 'til next week!

Posted on: 1/1 7:07

From Granville
My favorite local wild trout streams are all open and ice free. My phone says that is is -1° right now though. I'm with you though I'm ready to get back out on some water. It would take only one cast in these temps before your line would freeze in the guides.

Posted on: 1/1 7:58

From Granville
Oh and on a side note why not try to do some ice fishing? Sure, it isn't fly fishing but we hardly ever get enough good ice around these parts for a good ice fishing season. I'd say these temps have the lakes pretty safe right now.

Posted on: 1/1 7:59

There is quite a bit of ice on parts of Spring Creek. And I saw ice on parts of Fishing Creek the other day also.

Even on the open areas if you fish when the air temps are really cold, you'll get ice in the guides early and often.

In the winter time when you're getting cabin fever, just put on some warm clothes and go for a walk in the great outdoors, at a local park or whatever is nearby.

You don't need to pester the fish to enjoy the outdoors.

Posted on: 1/1 15:43

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

USGS Water Levels
The New Keystone Fly Fishing Book
Polls
Do You Have or Will You Obtain Multiple State Fishing License’s for 2018?
Yes
No
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2018/7/20 10:51
4 Comments

Copyright 2018 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com