Hey everyone....

cjholm

cjholm

Ive been creeping on the forum since last fall. My brother does alot of fly fishing on Codorus Creek outside Hanover in a Trout Fishing Club. He took me a few times last fall. I am know hooked!!! The moment i hooked my first fish on a fly rod...a 16 inch Wild Brown...sealed the deal!! Lol. This week i finally purchased my gear. Got a 8'6 White River combo from Cabelas. Bought my Caddis Chest waders and Caddis boots. All that for under $300! I felt like a kid at Xmas when it all got delivered the past 2 days. I am so ready to hit the stream tomorrow with my brother. Ive learned a good bit reading your posts. Really wanna get up in the Mtns of Central Pa and fish. Im originally from Warren County Pa and have lived in Hanover for 27 years. I miss fishing the streams up there in the Allegheny National Forest. I try to go back every couple of years to fish. Ive done most of my fishing up around Caledonia above Gettysburg and Fairfield. I dont know why ive waited till i was 43 to start doing this. But i see alot of fly fishing to come in the future!!! You guys have a great forum here!! Keep it up!

Chris Holmberg

Welcome to the madness.

I've fished since I was in diapers but there is something about fly fishing and all that goes with it (tying etc)that is particularly addicting.

Keep checking the meet ups forum for various "jams"(get togethers)especially the newbie jams in Allentown. You'll meet some great folks who are always willing to help.

Welcome to the jungle.

Active participation in this forum will provide much more help in your journey. Ask questions and take up fellow forum member's offers to meet up.

As you already know from lurking - There is a great bunch of people here.

Welcome aboard, it's never too late to take up fly fishing and tying. Enjoy... :)

Welcome to the forum. It's a great place to get advice and learn about fly fishing.

Welcome! I love this forum. I've learned a ton, and people are really friendly.

Chris,

Welcome. Good to have you aboard. You chose a great pastime to become involved in. Have fun with it. BTW, I have been flyfishing for over 30 years and can not remember ever catching a 16" wild brownie. That's a pretty awesome way to start! Tight lines.

dc

Welcome aboard . GG

Thanks everyone. Had a great time today. Did'nt catch anything..my brother caught 3. But it was good to just be out and on the stream. Got to meet 4 guys in the club and they were awesome. Very helpful with suggestions and tips.

Back