HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 16 17 18 (19) 20 »

Re: Heavy Rain
From Chester County
Quote:

sarce wrote:
Hope your dad makes it to PA, Krayfish. He's doing the smart thing staying out of the way of this one.

The remnants will pass up through western PA or Ohio early next week, it will probably have mostly rained itself out by then, but still a chance of some flood potential simply because of how wet it has been lately. If it holds together to give another 1,2, locally 3 inches of rain that will cause issues. Thankfully, as things stand now we'll avoid the 4-6"+ disaster stuff.

A couple of inches of rain around here next week would be considered a dry spell ...

Let's hope things aren't too bad for anyone with the storm.

Posted on: 9/12 16:19

From Lititz, PA
I hope that everyone is safe too. My daughter is kind of in the cross hairs at UNC Chapel Hill.

It has been a very different summer for me with water levels either being too high to fish where I want to because of rain or water temperatures being too high from summer air temperatures.

I want to fish this weekend now that the water temperatures are low enough, but the water levels will probably too high.

One of my fly fishing friend's son is a Freshman at Bridgewater College which is just south of Harrisonburg, VA. They have canceled classes and Harrisonburg is in the Valley of Virginia(I-81). I just hope for the best and that there is minimal damage from this Hurricane.

Posted on: 9/12 16:39

From Northern VA
And literally a few minutes after my last reply, latest Euro model shows the remnants heading right through PA and bringing heavy rain...maybe I will just keep my mouth shut and let this one play out.

NC and some SC beaches are going to get destroyed, with 3 feet of rain possible in NC...going to be really, really bad down there.

Canoetripper you should be OK this weekend if you get out to fish, the heavy rain from the hurricane won't arrive until Monday/Tuesday at the earliest.

Posted on: 9/12 16:40

From PA
I heard rain down south until Tuesday. I'm betting we don't see anything until Tuesday night at the earliest and I'll bet that puppy is on the move when it does. I'll be surprised if it brings torrential rain. Probably just the normal post tropical slow steady 1" type of thing and streams will be just fine. Power of positive thinking.

Posted on: 9/13 8:10

From Morgantown, PA
Yeah, good news for us is it looks like the stall will be over by the time it reaches us and it'll be scooting to the NE. Heavy rain, but not for as long of a duration hopefully.

Posted on: 9/13 8:39

From Other side of the tracks
Quote:

krayfish2 wrote:
My dad lives in North Myrtle Beach. Two days ago he boarded up, loaded the car and drove in land towards Columbia. Spent the night there and then headed Inland further towards Atlanta. The forecast has the storm changing to a Southwest arc which has caused my dad to load up and drive back to Pennsylvania.

Krayfish, It almost looks like Florence is stalking your dad.

If the darn thing ends up in PA, we will blame you.

Seriously though. I hope he arrives and remains safe.

Posted on: 9/13 8:53

From Other side of the tracks
Surf's up.

^ Several outer banks webcams.

Posted on: 9/13 9:05

Pops said he'd be here by 6pm.....called at 9:30 from Chambersburg exit. LoL. Told me he had to give up and get a room....in Harrisburg.....which was his destination. He answered my call at 9:30pm and I could hear his wife yelling 'you forgot to turn your lights on again'. Pretty sure I would have aged 50 years if I was in that car with them for 12 hours.

Looks like this thing might rain itself out before reaching us. Here's hoping.

Posted on: 9/13 10:59

Remnants of Flo to arrive in SW PA on Monday morning , 1-2 inches of rain expected. Army Corps been dumping waters from
last week 6-9 inches of rain.

Posted on: 9/15 8:42

From lancaster county
It sucks having bass blown out but I hope you guys are fishing for trout in spring creeks this year.
Only started doing it heavily this past 2 months and I'm having a heck of a trout season. Today's fishing was unreal!

Looking forward to next week raising the creeks again.
Not so much for my property damage and grass

Posted on: 9/15 17:06

True as well for urban stocked trout anglers. Good numbers of healthy looking trout are even holding over in Darby Ck, Delaware Co in the Hoffman Park area near Darby Borough.

Posted on: 9/16 12:07

From Chester County
The Susky flow has been bank full and rising near flood stage multiple times for months.

In late July I figured it would be back in shape to fish by mid August.

That didn't pan out so maybe by Labor day.

Nope, how 'bout by mid-September, the driest month of the year.

Negative on that....near flood stage predicted this week (see below).

Just to put that level in perspective, it's 20 feet above the average level for this time of year.

Now I've moved back the wait until October.

Attach file:

jpg  NB Susky flood stage.jpg (119.40 KB)
53_5ba0fa16d2ad9.jpg 600X465 px

Posted on: 9/18 9:14

From Flourtown, PA
Canoetripper, your daughter is in good hands. My nephew is the head of emergency response at UNC Chapel Hill.

Posted on: 9/18 10:43

We only got 1/2" from Florence. But there is still a large water pool in the alley behind my house. And the mosquitos are terrible this year. If you fish the Tully, spray yourself good with repellant.

Posted on: 9/18 16:29

From Gettysburg
Quote:

outsider wrote:
We only got 1/2" from Florence. But there is still a large water pool in the alley behind my house. And the mosquitos are terrible this year. If you fish the Tully, spray yourself good with repellant.

A bit more here in Adams Co.: 1.5 inches. I think we were lucky in SCPA and SEPA as we just don't have room for any more water.

Agree on the skeeters - they're just awful everywhere.

Posted on: 9/18 17:38

« 1 ... 16 17 18 (19) 20 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

USGS Water Levels
Polls
Do You Have or Will You Obtain Multiple State Fishing License’s for 2018?
Yes 68% (64)
No 31% (29)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2018/7/20 10:51
5 Comments

Copyright 2018 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com