Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Have you ever been hit by a Jet Ski while fishing?

From Camp Hill, PA
Well...Have you ever been hit by a Jet Ski while fishing?

My answer would be YES.

D-bag (I base this on behavior and his driving a BMW having a Jet Ski trailer) was determined to go upstream to an island to "par-tay dude".

As I braced myself for impact as he excused himself for wanting to pass with in 8 feet of me...he of course bottomed out right beside me and the current push him into me. I told him there was no way he could make it to the island that was about 5-miles away as the stream flows. I told him he would smash his hull. He yelled back to the guy he was pulling on wake tube...you want to go-for-it? Responce, "what-ever dude!"

They went down stream and made a running start...and flew past me blasting rock rubble and mud in a straight line. There was a guy upstream with a 3-year-old with floaties in water deeper than the kid not could reach the bottom. The wake went right over her head.

I proceeded to fish and catch browns, fallfish and bass.

At some point later, the jet ski floated behind me un-noticed broken and silent.

What a D.

Posted on: 7/11 10:35

Re: Have you ever been hit by a Jet Ski while fishing?

Brian,

Don't even know what to say. Wanted to rip on you but I'm kinda speechless. Hit by a jet ski? Wow.

As for him floating by later broken ...... Karma. You can only hope ........ not only burned up the motor but also went home with some bruised ribs and a chipped front tooth.

Posted on: 7/11 10:56

From Camp Hill, PA
K2,

Coming from an Insurance Salesman...this is kind of you (oops that is another thread, ...Lawyers).

I was not injured...just shocked by behavior.

I particularly liked the back end of the BMW backed into the water and the trailer jumping 2-ft off the ground as he pulled off the boat dock.

In the exact same spot I, a year ago, I had another encounter. In a place I was hoping to toss dries to small wild browns, a guy was running up and down the stream pulling 3 tubes of 250 lbs female trolls. After about a half-hour of this up and down effort of futility, he had gone upstream and was at a natural spot to get out. The trolls disembarked. I figured I was same to wade out and chill...and await rises that start.

Next thing I see is the whole crew floating straight towards me. I asked if the could go behind me. They said no. I went off on the the guy and told him that he was f-'in up the stream for some time and now it was my turn...! It escalated to him abandoning his trophy trolls and running at me wanting to have a throw down.

Not havin an answer to "nutz" I told him to chill and back-off. I did not need to break my 3-wt skewering him...bummer.

I proceeded to catch some dinks later and all was good.

It is a good spot, Andy, you and your nephew caught a nice brown there last winter. The "Live-Action" bonus comes with the territory.

Posted on: 7/11 11:48

From Mechanicsburg PA
Some day this war's gonna end -

Posted on: 7/11 13:20

From Mechanicsburg PA
It's always the one "D" that has to ruin it for everyone else. I'm guessing there was alcohol (or other) involved. If he would have done that to my child. There would have been much unpleasantness.

Posted on: 7/11 13:24

From Camp Hill, PA
Charlie Don't Surf...

Posted on: 7/11 13:24

From Malvern
wow, sometimes all you can do is shake your head and know that karma will get the best of them, looks like it did, jetski broke and they guy was with some trolls. you should have cast right to the tube and put a nice hole in it

They were all most likely non fishers because otherwise they would have respected the fact you were fishing and tried to avoid you.

Posted on: 7/11 15:20

From Lobachsville, PA
I had to push away a kayak.

Posted on: 7/11 15:39

From Gettysburg
Well... it's not like you didn't warn him.

Posted on: 7/11 16:45

From SW PA
I had a close call several years ago... Bait fishing below lock 6 on the Allegheny River. I was anchored below the dam, drowning a worm and monotoring the bikinis passing thru the lock.

D-bag comes OVER the dam on a jet ski! Lands on the little shelf that I think is meant to break ice, but definitely breaks jet skis.
Dude was bleeding from his face, but was seemed well enough to stay on the sled until help arrived.

Buddy of mine asked if we should go help. But some people are well beyond help.

Posted on: 7/11 19:05

From SE Pa
They all but chase me off the river in the summertime. They are why I try to only go fishing during the week when there are far fewer of them. It seems that every jet ski on the river says "I'll race you to that small boat and back" using me as some kind of pylon.

Glad to hear his jet ski is tits up. Maybe daddy will ground him and take the Beemer keys from him as well

Posted on: 7/11 20:19

Were you fishing the Connie near The Flying J?

Posted on: 7/11 21:42

From Mechanicsburg PA
Quote:
. Were you fishing the Connie near The Flying J?

Ain't nae fish 'n 'at crick

Posted on: 7/11 21:49

From Tioga co. formerly of bucks co.
had it happen on the Delaware, guy ended up with a 5/0 striper fly embedded in his shoulder, whole river and had to come within 10 feet of me. BULL ! gonna get snagged.

Did the same for a spin cast guide too. came drifting down with prop of boat facing me. he kicked in gear within feet of me, wham snagged another one. all happened in 1996 fishing near Stockton on the river.

Posted on: 7/15 9:53

So many Fish, So little time !!!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing ghillie..
https://www.facebook.com/BigMeadowsFlyShop

From Coatesville, Pa
this past saturday on spring, i had 2 differnt encounters. one a guy in a kayak (obviously a novice) damn near ran into me while i was giving his group room to pass through (so they didnt really tear up the water i was fishing) and he had no idea how to control the yak and damn near hit me. about 2 hours later, a group of kids came floating down on tubes, i didnt see them until they were about 30 yards away. i stayed put as they had plenty of room to go on either side of me, instead a kid floating down with his back to me came within feet of me until i moved for him. seriously, people have no respect for anyone anymore.

Posted on: 7/15 10:17

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com