Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Harmons Cabins last week

Here's a short clip of the fishing conditions at Harmans Last week. Tough fishing for the most part, but I caught 8 or 10 fish each day with streamers and some sulphurs in the eve. on top....

Posted on: 2012/5/15 23:59

Re: Harmons Cabins last week

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
Hmmm and to think I was fishing from the other side lol

Posted on: 2012/5/16 0:08

SBecker, yeah and considering this was the first time I laid eyes on the river, I couldn't imagine even getting across the river. Then I saw the videos from Fly Rod Chronicles and I couldn't believe how low the water was then.......oh well, next time I'm down there the conditions will be better.........

Posted on: 2012/5/16 0:25

From Hershey
I'm taking the wife this fall for a few days and will be planning a trip for next year asap. First time I've ever had a trout run off my fly line to the backing!! Grst fun!!

Posted on: 2012/5/16 7:00

From South Central,PA
We just got back from Harmans. It rained buckets all night Sunday I was worried about Monday. Moday the showers were off and on but the water wasn't bad until that evening when it literally shot up a foot in a half hour. Guys were having trouble wading in spots they were easily standing in moments before. By Tuesday morning it was raging! I got the impression that there is about a 24 hour lag between a big rain event and the water rising...when it does, it does quick! I will post my review of the fishing with pics soon...had a blast!

Posted on: 2012/5/16 15:50

1...2.....3.....4.....5....6.......no I won't...........have a nice day and good luck if your fishing this weekend....

Posted on: 2012/5/16 23:45

From Philadelphia, PA
Quote:

bigslackwater wrote:
We just got back from Harmans. It rained buckets all night Sunday I was worried about Monday. Moday the showers were off and on but the water wasn't bad until that evening when it literally shot up a foot in a half hour. Guys were having trouble wading in spots they were easily standing in moments before. By Tuesday morning it was raging! I got the impression that there is about a 24 hour lag between a big rain event and the water rising...when it does, it does quick! I will post my review of the fishing with pics soon...had a blast!

Was there the same time as you. Quite surprised when we arrived around 3 on Monday to find the stream in fine shape. 4-5 hours later the stream was chocolate milk and raging. Agreed about the 24hr delay.

Only fished till 10am on Wednesday but I bet Wednesday night was excellent.

Still had good fishing and quite a nice stay. Surprisingly, out of around 20+ fish caught, all were rainbows. One of which was a ridiculous hog.

Posted on: 2012/5/17 11:28

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com