Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 »

Re: Grateful Dead Inspired

"put a stealie on it"

Posted on: 2013/8/23 10:41

From Lock Haven
Did anything ever materialize from this thread? If not, I can put something together. We can get them screen printed, heat transferred or embroidered. Lemme know. I've actually been playin around with several designs before I found this thread. (~);} NFA

Posted on: 4/10 10:41

"May the four winds blow you safely home"

From Mont Co, Pa
Not that I'm aware of. SlowPoke, are you one and the same with paphishin89 from last year? I noticed it's the same avatar.

Posted on: 4/10 16:09

From danboro pa
wow its great to see so many dead heads fly fish.i do have ideas but it looks like your getting plenty,definitly interested in get some shirts,when they are ready I think I could find a[ paddle for your paper canoe]

Posted on: 4/10 17:53

RANDY NEWMEN

From Valley Forge
yeah its still in the works, as you might imagine his lot stuff takes precedence over my ideas and ive not had the time to get down there and work on it, its gonna happen, ill let yall know...

Posted on: 5/27 16:16

From Valley Forge
Some new thinking of this have given me a new idea for a sketch ill post something soon

Posted on: 5/27 16:33

Can someone explain the fixation with the Grateful Dead among fly fishing enthusiasts? I'm honestly confused at what the ties are. I've seen it at TCO and on this forum.

Posted on: 5/27 17:07
"I think I fish, in part, because it's an anti-social, bohemian business that, when gone about properly, puts you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution." John Gierach

From Mont Co, Pa
It must have to do with the mellowness. I believe Jerry's dad died while trout fishing?

Posted on: 5/27 17:46

From Couldn't Care Less
Quote:
BrookieChaser wrote:

Can someone explain the fixation with the Grateful Dead among fly fishing enthusiasts? I'm honestly confused at what the ties are. I've seen it at TCO and on this forum.

Cause when there's mosquito's on the river .. fish will rise up like birds!

Posted on: 5/28 13:19

Quote:

BrookieChaser wrote:

I went to a GD concert and enjoyed the music, especially Garcia's long guitar improvisations, which were truly beautiful and amazing.

But, I don't get the idea of GD graphics on a fly reel. I don't think that works.

I'm a big fan of the Everly Brothers. But I wouldn't want any Everly Brothers graphics on a fly reel. I think that would sort of cheapen the Everly Brothers. Kind of like putting them on a lunch box.

And make a poor look for a fly reel. The fly reels that look best have a "clean" look, IMHO.

Posted on: 5/28 16:02

From Valley Forge
I dont know if theres much of a correlation between the two, but speaking for myself I can always use something with a stealie on it. The idea stemmed because I thought itd be very cool to have a shirt, hat, etc., that was primarily for fly fishing but had some incognito dead refrences. One that really only those who really care to know would, I for one dont need an explanation why its not your thing. It either is or it isnt...

“Our audience is like people who like licorice,” Jerry Garcia said. “Not everybody likes licorice, but the people who like licorice really like licorice.”

Posted on: 5/28 17:00

From Mont Co, Pa
"They weren't the best at what they did, they were the only one's who did what they did." That's it in a nutshell.

I had my first day with the Dead at the Lewiston Fairgrounds in Main waaay back when.

Posted on: 5/28 18:12

Garcia experienced several tragic events during his youth. Less than a year after losing the segment of his finger, his father died. While on vacation with his family near Arcata in Northern California in 1947, his father went fly-fishing in the Trinity River, part of the Six Rivers National Forest.[23] Not long after entering he slipped on a rock underfoot, plunging into the deep rapids of the river. The incident was witnessed by a group of boys who immediately sought help, beckoning a pair of nearby fishermen. By the time he was pulled from the water, he had already drowned. Garcia later claimed to have seen his father fall into the river, but Dennis McNally, author of the book A Long Strange Trip: The Inside Story of the Grateful Dead, asserts that he did not, instead forming the memory from hearing the story repeated many times.[12] Blair Jackson, who wrote the biography Garcia: An American Life, lends weight to McNally's claim, citing that the newspaper article describing Jose's death made no mention of Garcia being at the scene—even misidentifying him as his parents' daughter.[23]

Posted on: 5/28 19:06

You guys will find this funny.

Theres an interview with Phil from a recent Rolling Stone i was reading. They get to talking about Jerry and Pigpen, the author ends up asking Phil what Jerry said when he found out Pigpen died. Jerry said "that f***er, now he gets to see whats on the other side!" I laughed out loud when read that, so sarcastic

Posted on: 5/28 19:15

Wade in the water, you never get wet ...

Posted on: 5/28 19:44

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
Comments?

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com