Grannoms

Foxgap239

Foxgap239

Mods, I'm not sure this belongs here or in another forum, if elsewhere, please move it. Thanks.

Anyone have any sightings or info on Grannoms in Centre County yet? We're heading up this later this week and would sure like to fish the hatch.

Thanks,
Fox

I have not, will post asap if I see or hear anything before you come up. Now as you know is a touch early/right at the beginning of it.

Thanks. We look at it this way, we'll be fishing and after fishing (good or bad), we'll hit the FH for burgers, beer and some full contact shuffleboard! :pint:

Fox,I am guessing the FH is a bar.I fish Centre co. quite often and am always looking for spots to get a good burger and a cold one.Could you enlighten me as to where this is.Heading up next thursday to following monday and would like to possibly check it out.

I will be out in central PA in hopes of the same on Friday. I'm thinking it may still be a bit early yet based on the weather we have had so far this year, and the lows dipping down again in the next couple days.

Hopefully I am wrong.

A certain PSU entomologist told me he took a sample on spruce creek last week…based on that he thinks they are 1-2 weeks away from today.

You will also want to factor in the 1.25 - 1.75 I ches of rain that is scheduled to hit that area starting tonight. Could be blown out for a few days anyhow.

Posting "the grannoms have started" is like yelling 'fire' in a crowded movie theater. LOL

fishhead wrote:
Fox,I am guessing the FH is a bar.I fish Centre co. quite often and am always looking for spots to get a good burger and a cold one.Could you enlighten me as to where this is.Heading up next thursday to following monday and would like to possibly check it out.

FH stand for Firehouse. A bunch of us are social members of the Millheim Fire Company. $1.50 beers, great food and free darts, pool and shuffleboard plus 3 TV's to watch sporting events. I great way to unwind after a day of fishing.

krayfish wrote:
You will also want to factor in the 1.25 - 1.75 I ches of rain that is scheduled to hit that area starting tonight. Could be blown out for a few days anyhow.

Definitely on our radar. Have some mountain streams as backup but hopefully we get less rain than they are predicting.

Gb reported that he witnessed caddis with dark brown wings with speckles - size 14 on white clay creek on 4-10. These may have been grannom (sounds like it). Wccr is in extreme SEPA. Maybe another 7 to 10 days before they show up in central PA.

On spring today saw grannoms, talked with someone to be trusted and reports the same.

Foxgap239 wrote:
krayfish wrote:

Definitely on our radar. Have some mountain streams as backup but hopefully we get less rain than they are predicting.

JT says your radar is defective. :cool:

Sure wish he was coming along....

I make no further comment but I still remember you both almost p***ing yourself laughing at my forecast last year. He will be missed this year. We'll take a selfie and send it to him just to annoy him and so he knows he's missed! :cool: :cool:

LOL....I'm sure it did stop raining somewhere that night, just not where we were...make sure the selfies have duck lips!

Foxgap239 wrote:

I make no further comment but I still remember you both almost p***ing yourself laughing at my forecast last year. He will be missed this year. We'll take a selfie and send it to him just to annoy him and so he knows he's missed! :cool: :cool:

LOL....I'm sure it did stop raining somewhere that night, just not where we were...make sure the selfies have duck lips!

Lol......that was a weekend that will be hard to beat. It's been a long time since I laughed that hard. Great place,Great beer,Great friends it's hard to beat that combo. Can't wait till this weekend. You will be missed JT.

Best of luck, Foxgap. I would love to be able to see a major hatch like this go down but, alas, I'll be out if pocket when this one goes down. Have a blast up there.

Back