Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Got skunked at Ridley yesterday

Its been a long time since I fished Valley Creek 12 + years. However there are scuds in Valley. About 1/3 of mile from the junction of Little Valley and Valley there was plenty of plant life. I remember rootin' some up and shakin' it out into the mud to show someone and the scuds would fill a dinner plate. I have only fished above the covered bridge once in my life time. But I do remember crawling through an old sewer pipe that ran below 202 to fish Valley Creek in Knickerbocker Landfill back in the day. That was of course before the two fish kills when I was in 5th grade. But I digress...there is a ton of fishable water from Rt 29 through the Valley Creek park to Church Rd. A ton. And every old sycamore root ball has a large 20 " brown. I also love the section where Little Valley joins Valley, from the spillway of the dam to the hard left that Valley takes. Also don't forget Pickering Creek. My dad's club stocks the crap out of it. I know on one creek entering pickering there are wild brookies and my dad may be pulling my leg but swears that the rainbows they stock run down into the resevoir and run back up in the fall to spawn. (Since the resevior is off limits since 9/11. ) Just remember its been 12+ years and Chester County ain't what she used to be.

Posted on: 2007/4/3 19:17

From Delaware Co.
rckrego,Thanks for the tip I was using Flurocarbon when fishing the drys and nymphs. I never knew that it sinks faster than mono.My new goal down there is to catch one a dry. I will probally be out there this Wendsday and Thursday if weather permits.Look for a silver Civic and a guy wearing green waders and a orvis hat or the guy that will be low crawling to the water..

Posted on: 2007/4/3 19:37

Hahaha. Good luck. If nymphing go with 5x fluoro. It should do the trick. Gotta get back down there. Stupid work! Always gets in the way of fishing.

Posted on: 2007/4/4 16:37

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com