Going to cross forks this weekend

D

dryflyklesse

Hey guys I'm heading to cross forks this weekend any advice what to use or where I should check out? Kettle creek is top on the list

Was just up there this past weekend. The area got hit hard with rain Thursday, Friday and half the day Saturday. Water was up a good bit and lots of leaves in the water. Checked a few areas out on Kettle and some of the tribs they just were'nt fishable for me. Lots of water coming down the hollows. The fish that got stocked in the catch & release should be spread out pretty good now. Looks like there going to get rain up there again Wenesday and Thursday. Looks like streamers will be the best bet if you fish.

Deb's. Home of the Bubba Burger.

Also former home of the sexiest burger joint sign in all of the region....

Haven't been to the new location. Do they still have that sign!?

It's been too long since I've been up that way. Last time they had moved to the new place in Cross Fork. I don't think that sign went with them. When I used to go up there on occasion that sign was always good to see after the long drive up from Lancaster. Had some good times in there and the area in general.

Okay. I haven't been there since them moving to Cross Fork (that's the "new location" to me, since I remember even being a little tike and seeing the sign out at the old location! There also used to be an old timer always walking the road out that way. I'm sure he's long gone.)

http://www.debs.kettlecreekvalley.com/

I just ate some food and had a few beers at deb's on the weekend of oct 1&2 after backpacking through hammersley. I didn't see any sign on the outside of the place with the aforementioned sexy graphic, but the menus had it on the front and there was a rather large framed poster type thing in the corner with the same graphic. Met some interesting folks there...

Have you been to the green lantern outside renovo on 144 before?

I haven't.

The April Summit-if you guys go, we have to go to some of those mountain bars hahaha! I'm not a big bar hopper kind of guy, but nothing says first class bar rooms like drop ceiling and beer served right from the can.

Man I miss the Waldheim.

dryflyklesse wrote:
Have you been to the green lantern outside renovo on 144 before?

yes. only place that i could find up that way that would show the playoffs on a saturday afternoon.
saw the flyers eliminated by the penguins in game 6 2009.
nice place. good beer. interesting atmosphere. no waders allowed

Hey guys the last I heard the sign that used to be at old Deb's place was stolen off the post. It's probably hanging in someone's camp. And the old timer that used to walk up and down the road he used to live down the road from the Tamarack bridge he pasted away about 14 years ago. Man he used to put some miles on. Only been in Deb's new place twice, just happened to run out beers those two times, but I here the food is pretty good.

Never forget when I took a buddy of mine fishing up there for the first time.
As we were going to Deb's, he looked at that sign, and asked me if it was a strip joint

That was always the joke as a kid, dryflyguy. We were shocked to hear its actually a good place to eat! Took my parents a few years to work up the courage to take us in there.

Of course your Potter/Clinton County bar experience is not complete w/out Genesee Cream Ale.

Genny Cream Ale; barf. GG

Hahaha! Its gut-rot city, but its a mountain classic.

The best is the prices up there, when I was there for opening day this year, five of us being pretty drunk to begin with had a buddy drive us to the lantern and bought a shot for the whole bar and it only was $32!

Another bar on forksville On the loyalstock was a really nice place, the wall behind the bar was nothing but little refridgerator doors and each door had different alcohol in them. There was probably 20 1'x2' doors

Just to clear things up Deb's sign was not stolen I have the sign my family and I bought Deb's bar about five years ago and have turn it into a second home. I was also up this past weekend and water levels are high and the rains on Wednesday are not going to help the water levels.I will be up from Friday till Monday fishing so feel to stop in and say hi. Send me a PM with any questions.

Justin

One of my earliest beers.

Back