Glad I don't live in Del.

Fredrick

Fredrick

INDIAN RIVER INLET Fishing at the inlet and in the back bays has become more productive with the arrival of spot and croaker. Large numbers of both fish have been caught throughout the bays with Buoy 20 one of the better locations.
Flounder fishing is a catch and release operation except for the lucky few who land a keeper. The larger flounder are caught on live spot with the rest taken on minnows, squid, smelt and shiners.
Blues continue to move through the inlet on incoming water with the best action in the early morning or late evening. Small spoons work best on the blues and will also attract a few shad. [color=0000CC] If you are afflicted with the fly fishing malady, this is the perfect opportunity to actually catch something.[/color]

http://www.fw.delaware.gov/Fisheries/Pages/FishingReport.aspx :

I'm assuming he's just being humerous and will give him the benefit of the doubt (I think we all often think of FFing as a "malady" of sorts). And having put in my time FFing at Indian River (and other salt inlets) it is true that, across the board, catching the fish he describes on FF gear is considerably more difficult. Many non FFers - particularly in salt water IMO - often look at us as curiosities and misguided types out there flailing away in the wind and not catching anything while the bait and spin guys catch fish.

Maybe one day they'll catch the "malady" too (said with facial twitch and tremors). :-D

BTW: I've always like Eric Burnley's writings and own his (pretty good) book on surf fishing.

I can see where he's coming from.

I truly love fly fishing, probably more than anything else, but I am also a plain old fisherman as well. I have been since I could first walk. You couldn't pay me to fish a wild trout stream with a spinning rod, but I have zero issues pulling it out in a WW or salt water setting. I like catching fish sometimes! :lol:

I can't even read correctly anymore.

I don't think fred's offended or whining. I think he's just happy that he doesn't live there since the FFing apparently sucks so badly. I don't see anyone that's "riled up" in this thread.

RyanR wrote:
What kind of cheese are you having?

Geeze man, what's to get riled up about with that report?

Right now I'm having this kind you should try some it's good

878.jpg

Sorry fellas my mistake.

RyanR wrote:
Thanks JayL, I guess I'm totally misconstruing what "I'd like to give this a guy a piece of my mind" generally means. :roll:

Realx, I pretty much realize he's not that upset, but I couldn't help but rib him a little about his comment and MY interpretation of his meaning. OK by you? ;-)

I'm completely relaxed.

Who is saying anything about giving a piece of their mind? I'm confused.

Please stop assuming what people are thinking or feeling.

jayL wrote:
RyanR wrote:
Thanks JayL, I guess I'm totally misconstruing what "I'd like to give this a guy a piece of my mind" generally means. :roll:

Realx, I pretty much realize he's not that upset, but I couldn't help but rib him a little about his comment and MY interpretation of his meaning. OK by you? ;-)

I'm completely relaxed.

Who is saying anything about giving a piece of their mind?

[color=FF3300]Please stop assuming what people are thinking or feeling.[/color]

Oh that's rich.

Ah crap, I have to apologize. I was reading his post while simultaneously reading something else that actually had those words and well you can guess from there what happened. Long story short, I got my wires crossed.

Fair enough.

I am sure fred accepts your apology, and I'm happy to take one for defending him from attacks that you've made under your delusional pretense. ;-)

"Oh hey, I was just checking the specs on the rotary gerter. Dah, I'm retarded."- Tommyboy

My apologies to both of you.

Aww thxs Jay your are the man that will fight for my honor LOL

Knuckle draggin caves..

Your the best Jay

The song can't be about me. It was made a year before I was born.

I'm heading there thursday!

Back