Getting Warmer

MKern

MKern

I am glad to see the warmer weather (I hate fishing when it's below 40 degrees, but I will do it).
However, i am concerned that the next time I try to go fishing, the water will be too high becasue of the snow melt -- that stinks.
what do you guys think. My next chance will be in 2 weeks.

Hopefully in that two week period the waters will have rose and started to come back down, hope it works out that way for you good luck.

MKern,

I would think the snow melt won't be enough alone to make it unfishable but add rain and it could be a wash out. With the run off however, you will find the water "chilled" with the warmth of the day which may turn off the fish. Your best bet may be during the morning hours before the snow melt during higher temps.

Just a thought,

Maurice

Matt,

Just go far enough upstream to where the stream is not blown out. I know you like to fish little streams.

I'm actually hoping to get out this comming Saturday morning for a little while. The wife has me booked the rest of the day.

Albatross

albatross,

I will probably follow your suggestion, and hit a mountain stream. I wouls hate to drive an hour to be disapointed with the water level.
I do watch the stream levels on this site, but there a huge difference between 25%ile and 74%ile- even though they are depicted with the same dot.

Try this site for stream levels http://waterdata.usgs.gov/pa/nwis/current?type=flow

checked out the site. I am going to save it to my favorites for further reference. Thanks a ton. I just wish it gave the current tempurature and all of the streams.

Back