Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Funny Experience

From Central, PA

I see many people fishing with bright pink, red, or yellow, shirts why would you wear that fishing? Is it the spanish fly look? also I see alot of fly fisherman wet wading with there fanny packs on. There's no doubt Joe Dirt and Johnny Buttnut both fly fish and spin fish and forever seem like they will clash when close to each other.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 12:31

From Other side of the tracks
Quote:

wildtrout2 wrote:
FD, you'll note the very last thing I said was "imo", which with an open mind, is no different than what you have to say about the situation. Just saying.

Let us be clear. I saw that (It was actually JMO), and we all are COMPLETELY entitled to your opinion regardless if it is ignorant or not. But nobody ever said that opinions are unquestionable.

And I noticed you did not answer my question, or the one from PPFLyer.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 12:39

From Mont Co, Pa
Quote:

PennypackFlyer wrote:
It looks like J M O I don't see an I.

My bad. Opinion remains the operative word, never the less.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 12:40

Quote:

Hook_Jaw wrote:

I see many people fishing with bright pink, red, or yellow, shirts why would you wear that fishing? Is it the spanish fly look? also I see alot of fly fisherman wet wading with there fanny packs on. There's no doubt Joe Dirt and Johnny Buttnut both fly fish and spin fish and forever seem like they will clash when close to each other.

That's some funny stuff right there.

IMO of course.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 12:44

From Mont Co, Pa
Obviously. lol

Posted on: 2013/6/11 12:45

Alright, I don't always look like a slob when fishing. I cleaned myself up for the steelhead trip last year. Here I am looking the part, and note the expensive looking split bamboo rod.

But I assure you that I have less than 100 bucks into that rod not counting labor, and both legs of those waders leaked giving me the feel of wet wading.

GG took the picture, and I have to admit I look good. As it turns out, I did replace the vest.

Attach file:

jpg  steelhead fishing 1.JPG (45.56 KB)
348_51b7551b339c6.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2013/6/11 12:53

From Central, PA

Im just making light of the situation everyone is different it doesn't matter to me if you fly fish, bait fish, spin fish to me they all take skills to catch fish

Posted on: 2013/6/11 13:44

From Monessen, PA
Quote:

PennypackFlyer wrote:
I really would like to know how many of us Flyfisherpeople provide Flyfishing courtesy as part of instructions when we teach the art? Before you answer this - give me some titles of books that address this issue.....

I'm not up on all the literature, but I taught my son and a couple friends to FF and always included ethics lessons.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 14:30

From Central, PA
Its called common sense to me never in my life knew why people come in right next to you to fish Ive never done it in my life.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 14:42

From Monessen, PA
I have, during crowded conditions. Never when I could move up or down a way and give some room. Still, some folks are used to fishing close to others and actually feel another angler is selfish in not accepting the close company.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 14:50

From Central, PA
If it's your friend or someone you know I could see that yes a stranger I never went for that crowded hatch I guess yes but I never did either everyone's different I have no shame in being selfish and fishing farther from people.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 15:40

Quote:

PennypackFlyer wrote:

As I asked before:
I really would like to know how many of us Flyfisherpeople provide Flyfishing courtesy as part of instructions when we teach the art? Before you answer this - give me some titles of books that address this issue.....

I just noticed this thanks to Jack.

Books?

Maybe this is the problem. I didn't learn "the art" from books. But I'm betting what you are (likely) implying is right. Books do not cover this. Shame on you Troutbert for not including that in your book. Then again, maybe you did. I do have a copy of your book, I just won't admit to reading it.

I learned "the art" more than 40 years ago by figuring it out on my own. As far as courtesy, I apply common sense and a derivation of the golden rule.

I give everyone the same courtesy that I would expect plus a little extra, and let me tell you, I expect a lot. But when someone else violated that, which is very rare, I find it easier to just move than it is to stuff them under a rock.

Point is, nobody has ever accused me of crowding them while fishing no matter what my fishing methods at the time were or what clothes I was wearing. And it isn't just because of my size. Well, ... I did hook my little brother by the ear lobe once, but that was his fault. Besides, I did pull it out.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 15:52

Quote:

Hook_Jaw wrote:
If it's your friend or someone you know I could see that yes a stranger I never went for that crowded hatch I guess yes but I never did either everyone's different I have no shame in being selfish and fishing farther from people.

Jack figures it is OK as long as he offers a reach around.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 15:56

From barto PA
I have a big bulky vest like the one pictured, what the heck is wrong with that??? Can't fit too many beers in a manpurse ya know.

I've never been crowded out of a hole either. Course when I see someone getting close I quickly change to my second favorite water activity.......skipping stones. I guess no one ever taught me the proper stone skipping etiquette though, how many meters should I be from fisherman when going for my new record of distance/skips??

Lets be honest here though. Ya made a thread to complain about littering and crowding bait fisherman. They aren't all like that.......hell most of em are too drunk to wander anymore than 3 feet from their camp chair ;)

Posted on: 2013/6/11 16:04

From Central, PA
lol I always thought one of the greatest parts of fishing was to get away from people and the world. I fish with guys but prefer to fish alone most of the time. I had Joe Humphrey come in by me a couple years ago on Penns have to say was pretty cool seeing him fish one of the few times it wasn't bothersome.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 16:07

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com