Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Frustrated Land Owner

From King Of Prussia, Pa
Yes. Welcome to the real world. When you condone illegal activities on your property you assume 100% liability. There isn't a "cool guy" exemption to the law.

Posted on: 2013/5/13 13:14

From Lehighton, PA
What did you just stay at Holiday Inn Express or something? While you're engaging in everyone's favorite practice of armchair lawyering remember you're basing it on hearsay. Speaking simply as one guy to another, I completely get what you're saying but I also get where this gracious landowner is coming from too, he just wants people to enjoy his land without burning it down or littering every square inch. He's trying not to be a hardass but you're right that in doing so like that he's opening himself up to at least a certain degree of liability. It just struck me as a little sad that from the entire content of the story that's what you fixed on.

Posted on: 2013/5/13 13:39

From Philadelphia
I think some of us are missing the real issue, I don't believe the issue is what the landowner will or won't allow/condone. I think the issue is the lack of respect by people today, not only kids. To give you an example, I was fishing this Saturday at a local stream and came back to my car, parked in a preserve lot to find slices of pizza stuck in my door handle and under my windshield wiper. Please explain to me where that comes from other than lack of respect for other people's property.

Posted on: 2013/5/13 13:47

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
I hope those slices had some bacon on it! Did you eat them?

Posted on: 2013/5/13 13:55

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/

From Monessen, PA
Funny, but that whole "lack of respect" angle of the discussion is mundane and ordinary. It isn't anything that new and different. I guess neither is the fact that some people who try to do something helpful and friendly are taking an awful risk for themselves that in balance they ought to think twice about.

Posted on: 2013/5/13 13:55

From Philadelphia
Jack, just because it's mundane or old doesn't make it any less real. I just find it interesting and sad that some people seem to want to make this about the landowner's issues rather than those using his land.

Sbecker, thanks for your show of support.

Posted on: 2013/5/13 14:02

From Lehighton, PA
Foxgap gets it! It really is a shame and I see it in other aspects with young people but not surprisingly when you see the parents often enough you understand completely where the disrespect for others comes from. I coach youth wrestling and I once found a big ol' nasty lugie on my passenger side window as I left a tournament. Some kid was just walking by and spit right on a random window like it doesn't matter 'cause it's not his. Thankfully I see enough young people that are indeed respectful that I'm not completely jaded.

Posted on: 2013/5/13 14:18

From Monessen, PA
So, what, should we just start threads about disrespectful behavior and insist that everyone stick to that topic rather than interesting topics that also present themselves.

Here:

"It's a shame what those kids/some people did/do."

Does that make everything feel better?

The focus on the landowner is at least constructive in that it may cause other landowners to avoid risky behavior. Do you think posting a rant and then everyone piling on is going to change the attitude of anyone who lacks respect?

Not many of those types participate here. And, if they do read occasionally, this kind of stuff goes over their heads or is laughable to them, trust me.

Posted on: 2013/5/13 14:22

From Philadelphia
Jack, I understand where you are coming from but the OP was simply passing on info about a private stream he has access to and the frustrations the landowner is feeling. I agree that we can't resolve anything on this site in regard to this issue but if some of our own community don't get it and want to blame the issues on the landowner, I guess we know this issue will just continue to get access restrictions.

I really have nothing else to add.

Posted on: 2013/5/13 14:27

From Lehighton, PA
So as usual, your viewpoints are acceptable but others that don't interest you aren't? I replied to Foxgap, agreeing with his sentiment that some might be losing the main point of the story. Not surpisingly you offer a different opinion and your own verbose rant. That's great Jack, do you feel better now?

Posted on: 2013/5/13 14:34

From Monessen, PA
I didn't accuse people of "missing the real issue" or any such thing. I just noted that irresponsible behavior is mundane, whereas the sub-topic about the dangers of condoning illegalities on your land was equally deserving of people's interests.

I didn't see anyone blaming the landowner for the issue of irresponsibilty of the guest. I did see a few concerned posters wanting to comment on the statement portraying the landowner as condoning illegal activities.

Let's try this:

"The landowner caught the kids keeping more than their legal limit. He told them it was OK, so long as they cleaned up after themselves."

Do you think people should not comment about that?

Posted on: 2013/5/13 14:55

From Lehighton, PA
Jack please, the horse is already dead.

Posted on: 2013/5/13 15:02

From Monessen, PA
Quote:

RyanR wrote:
Jack please, the horse is already dead.

Naaaaaay.

Posted on: 2013/5/13 15:07

From King Of Prussia, Pa
Quote:

Foxgap239 wrote:
To give you an example, I was fishing this Saturday at a local stream and came back to my car, parked in a preserve lot to find slices of pizza stuck in my door handle and under my windshield wiper. Please explain to me where that comes from ....

If I had to guess, I'd say it came from a pizza shop.

Posted on: 2013/5/13 16:49

From SEPA

Evidently it wasn't very good pizza, either.

Posted on: 2013/5/13 16:50

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com