Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Franklin PA - Class A

From Warrington
I am going to be visiting Franklin PA early next month and was wondering if anyone had some recommendations on Class A streams to check out off the beaten path.

Posted on: 2013/4/25 16:30

Re: Franklin PA - Class A

From New Castle, PA
The class A list is the class the A list.

I assume that you are talking about Franklin in Venango county. There are only two official class A's in Venango if I recall correctly, and one sees anglers pretty regularly. If you are just looking for decent fishing over wild trout shoot me a PM.

Posted on: 2013/4/25 17:02

From Ohio
There's actually I think four in Venango, 2 of which are in the same watershed. I've only fished 2 of them.

The closest one to Franklin has been on my list for quite a while, but I have yet to fish it although I have fished another stream in the watershed and have caught wilds. That popular one Pennkev is talking about does see it's share of people, but it has fish. The other one is a PITA to fish(brush!!!), and is also mostly private property.

Posted on: 2013/4/25 20:19

From New Castle, PA
You are right, two more have been added to the list for Venango county.

Posted on: 2013/4/26 4:32

From Warrington
Yes, its in Venango county. I'll be out there for 4 days and will have free time each day so I'll be exploring as many streams as possible.

StreamerGuy - Can you share the name of the PITA stream via PM so I can save the travel time and avoid that one. I have the GPS Fishing Guide for iPhone so finding the Streams won't be an issue.
I'll check out the one closest to Franklin that's on your list and let you know what I find when I return.

FYI to All, I'll have time to travel a bit further affield to adjacent counties if anyone has additional suggestions they are willing to share, I'd love to hear them I may never get back out that way so I just want to make the most of my trip

Posted on: 2013/4/26 7:49

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com