Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Fly Fishing with Music

From Ephrata, PA
Singing is fine. In fact, if you're in Potter County some time and hear Irish drinking songs pouring out of the woods, don't worry. That's my "scarrin' off the bears" technique.

The thing about listening to music and such is, can we really not unplug long enough to enjoy the creation for what it is? Do we always have to be wired in?

That's me. When I go on vacations or trips, I don't take a phone, we have no internet, no TV, nothin.

Posted on: 2013/6/25 16:03

From Mont Co, Pa
Quote:

PatrickC wrote:
No, then I'd be missing the music of the stream.

I couldn't have said it better.

Posted on: 2013/6/25 16:05

Wading; no; but in my drift boat often. Most of the responses are from one perspective; headphones. I got a small set of speakers in the boat, and the mood is yours to set! A slow day on the water..... add a little Flogging Molly and let the Piracy ensue!!! Aarrrgh!

Posted on: 2013/6/26 22:56

From LV
My music is the wind, the stream and the birds.

Posted on: 2013/6/27 7:02

From Ohio
I jam the Ipod the whole way to and from the stream, but it stays in the car. Getting away from all the distractions of the modern world and being out in a beautiful natural place is a large part of what makes fly fishing so enjoyable and appealing to me. I wouldn't want to miss any of the sounds of nature by listening to music. I find the sound of the stream and birds very relaxing and enjoyable. Then there is the fishing, the excuse for being on the stream in the first place. I love to get away from it all, but I also enjoy catching fish. The sound of a fish rising is often what draws my attention to a particular piece of water as I'm walking or fishing another piece of water nearby. I've caught countless trout by stumbling upon a riser like this. If you plug in and tune out, you are effectively handicapping yourself by limiting one of the most important senses used to locate and catch fish. When you are way out in the back country, it is important to listen to what’s going on around you for safety reasons. If you're on state game lands, you want to be able to hear and move away from gun shots. You want to be able to hear that bear that comes out of the woods behind you (just happened to me). To sum it up, leaving the ipod in the car allows me to enjoy the sounds of nature, helps me catch more fish, and keeps me coming home in one piece.

Posted on: 2013/6/27 7:52

From Landenberg, PA
Quote:

Chaz wrote:
My music is the wind, the stream and the birds.

poetically put. me too.

Posted on: 2013/6/27 18:14

From down the block from the Letort.
And it's always nice to hear that rise back over your shoulder while looking elsewhere...

Posted on: 2013/6/27 18:19

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes 95% (139)
No 0% (0)
Thinking about it 4% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com