Fly Fishing Museum

mattwolf

mattwolf

I went to the Catskill Fly Fishing Museum yesterday with my 4 year old son. What a neat and interesting place. It is located about 4 miles east of Rosco, NY (Named Trout Town USA). They had all sorts of fly fishing antiques and also newer things. I am not sure how many of you have been there, but if you get the chance it is definately worth the trip and time. I would recommend going in the summer and make sure you have time to get some great fihisng in. There is plenty of public access fishing plases near there on some great streams and rivers. For more information see their webiste at www.cffcm.net. Hope you get the chance to enjoy I know I did and I will return again in the summer.

Thanks,

The last time I fished the delaware - in april 2010- I hit a couple of really nasty days weather wise. It was so bad one day - brutal wind and snow - that I never even got a rod out. So, I took ride to roscoe, and visited the museum for the first time. I spent a few hours there and thought it was well worth it.
I was also rather surprised to see a few fish rising in the hole under that bridge you cross to get to it, on the way out. I never fished it, but I found out that it's the willowmoc. Had a bit of a hendrickson hatch going in the snow that day.

stopped there a few years ago, well worth the visit, my girlfriend even enjoyed it.

Back