Fly Fishing Masters

beadhead2

beadhead2

Oldlefty
Do you remember when you fished in the Fly Fishing Masters ,I have a tape of that some where
If I remember correctly you caught a nice smallmouth lol

Gee, I'm surprised anyone even remembers this.

Back in '04 George Daniel and I teamed up to participate in the Northeast qualifier. We took 1st place in the casting competition. It was George who landed the smallmouth. We both blanked on trout. The stream was a bit warm. Just couldn't make a trout take a fly that day. At least that was our experience.

That was a big ripoff sponsored by John Barrett. Paid for the show that "professionals" won.

gulf, that was true of the competitions after the one I in which I participated. The first two, in '03 and '04, was up for grabs by anyone if you were selected as a team. I know things had to be a bit screwy the first year with regard to team selections. I'll not go into my reasons for saying. In both years, up to 50 teams could participate in a regional qualifier. I know that in '04 there were only 36 teams. Even so, I still feel good about our performance.

Dave R.

I'd say you did very well.
I was "invited" to participate in the SE regional,but my partner couldn't get away . They fished private waters ,if you made the casting cut, in Helen ,Ga. Lots of pellet pigs in the "Hooch" there.

Back