Fly Fishermans Paradise and Eagles

J

jjbrown1072

I went up to the Paradise in Bellefonte today, and was rewarded with a couple of bald eagles. What a sight, especially when the mother came back to feed them. Things like this are one of the many reasons fishing is so rewarding. Just wanted to share.

Jason

will post a pic as soon as i figure out how to

Attachments

• DSCN3601.jpg
    DSCN3601.jpg
    842.3 KB · Views: 2
Yep ive seen them there too. There is a pair on fishing creek aswell.

For the last few years we've been seeing eagles occasionally at the Paradise, but this year was the first time they've nested there.

We often see ospreys along Spring Creek also.

There is also a bald eagle nesting site at Bald Eagle State Park.

I saw a bald eagle at the paradise in may. It flew right over the creek. I was hoping it would grab a fish, but it just soared. They never get old to see. I saw my first one in Montana ten or so years ago now. This was the first one i saw in PA.

Good to see. The last time I was up at the Paradise was in May during the Jam and the eagles were there. Word had got out in the local birder community as quite a large group of birders were there with their binos to observe the eagles that evening.

troutbert wrote:
For the last few years we've been seeing eagles occasionally at the Paradise, but this year was the first time they've nested there.

We often see ospreys along Spring Creek also.

There is also a bald eagle nesting site at Bald Eagle State Park.

That pair on in Bald Eagle has been there a few years. The state restricts an area of the lake during the nesting period. They may be the one "seeding" the other local pairs.

Could this mean the Eagles are gonna win the SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!!!

IdratherbePhishing wrote:
Could this mean the Eagles are gonna win the SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!!!

No... those Eagles are doomed for extinction!

I have been seeing a lot of bald eagles in recent years; more so than I ever remember seeing before. The Upper Delaware River and many local lakes are where I usually spot them. I even actually saw a Golden Eagle last summer on the Lehigh River. That was a first for me.

bahahah its a sign im telling you

i was at Benner hatchery last year killing time with a buddy looking in the raceways when out of no where an eagle swooped down grabbed a big palamino and flew away. We just looked at each other confused like did that just happen

I spent an hour in American Eagle last night with my daughter. Ughhh!

That's awesome, we see them all the time on the WBDE. I sometimes see them on the Juniata as well. You guys are right, you never get tired of seeing them.

I took this picture of one on the Bighole River a couple of years ago. We even tried to feed it a whitefish!

Attachments

• Montana 031.jpg
    Montana 031.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 2
I see bald eagles almost every time I float the Delaware between the Milford bridge and Dingman's bridge. Like clockwork.

I see Bald Eagles almost every time I float the Delaware between the Milford bridge and the Dingman's bridge. It never gets old.

Back