Fishing this week?

mute

mute

anyone wanna meet up to fish this week? pickering creek? valley creek?

Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.

Busy 'til Friday afternoon-- between work, class, Flyers games and smashing pumpkins concerts, I might be able to get out there for a few hours. Maybe do valley around 4:30 on Friday?

I'll let you know as the time comes.

I'll be at French Creek tonight, but weather pending I'm open for Friday. I'll probably skip Valley Creek because my skills are not good enough for that creek yet.

Either are my skills, ive been skunked everytime ive went. Had one hookup, once. Which is why i wouldnt mind going with someone who can catch them so i can learn the approaching techniques.

I have managed to hook, and occasionally land, a few fish in valley. I'm no Ian Brown, but I can get a few of them. :p. Ian's got the touch for that stream. The secret to valley is leaving the waders at home if that's what it takes to keep you out of the water. Hopefully we get a little rain to raise the levels a bit.

I'd like to catch one over ten inches for a change, though.

Yea, i think it supposed to rain wednesday and thursday.

jayL

the flyers are terrible sorry GO LEAFS! I heard the smashing pumpkins show totally ruled 1 friend went to pittsburgh show and one went to tower theater friday i could kick myself i missed it the new album is quite good been a fan since way back...

S,

A leafs fan? How did you get here? I remember watching the flyers play a critical game 5 against them in that brutal series a few years back. Sat right behind eddie the eagle and chanted and booed at him the whole time. The flyers beat them 4-1, and went on to win the series in 7. You guys have a few problems this year, but I won't go there. I mean, the flyers are ranked number two overall on tsn, but last year is still fresh in my mind.

I'm pumped for the pumpkins show. I've waited since 6th grade to see them live... roughly half my life. Here's to hoping it's a good one. I screwed all of my friends by only purchasing a single ticket... 7th row. The only way I could get multiples was to sit in the nose bleeds.

Guys, based on what I'm seeing, I'll say friday at 4:30 should work. PM me and we can hammer out the details.

Never got to around to seeing Smashing Pumpkins. I have a couple of their bootleg concerts. Although, Bill Corgan has been bashing Eddie Vedder at recent show, so I lost some respect for them lately.

Unless any issues come up, I'll be around Friday.

If I don't have to go to the Lehigh Valley this weekend I might be able to make it up there on Friday afternoon. I will check with the miss' and see what I have lined for the weekend.

Bob

For those who are wondering:

second best show I've ever seen. The rolling stones were better.

"Relentless" and "aura" are the only words I can find to describe it.

See some of you Friday. Shall we meet at the steel bridge at 4:30?

JayL i am a PA homeboy this is my state i love it. I like good hockey ie the Leafs got the package and all that...when i used to like the flyers way back they always let me down and would trade good goalies for no reason...Flyers vs Leafs has become a real big rivalry love it...where do you guys fish in west philly? any tips on creeks by hawk mountain? we did 15 miles there last weekend and one creek in particular dont know what it was was impressive looking. I live right on the yellow breeches so fish it all the time also mountain creek and lots in adams county as well.

S,

I grew up in Reading, so I'm partial to Berks county streams. Around hawk mountain, you can do the little schuylkill, maiden, or ountelaunee. There are also some class A's around there too.

The tully is a short run from there as well.

For fishing in philly, there is the schuylkill as well as a few put and take trout streams. There are ponds across the street from the sports complex too. I usually suck it up and drive somewhere else, though. Valley is the closest wild trout stream that I fish.

About the good goalies, I hear ya on that. That's bobby clarke for you. He's gone now, though. It seems like the flyers have changed their philosophy.

Schedule me in for a "maybe"; I'll have to talk to the woman. By the way, when Jay says I have "the touch" for Valley, he's being polite. I can usually land a fish during the evening rise, but that's about it.

There was one evening when I got lucky and outfished him, but the conditions were perfect and I caught my biggest fish when I wasn't even looking at my fly.

On the rare occasions when I catch more fish than Jay, it has much more to do with luck than skill.

Hah, don't be modest man. Me and you have been catching em at about an equal pace for a while now. Hope you can make it out. I was going to call you, but can't find my phone.

There was a game between the Leafs and the Flyers back in the Clarke/Broadstreet Bullies/kate Smith era[70s or 80s] where the Leafs were so terrified physically of the Flyers it was sickening to watch.Never saw anything like that before or since in pro sports.

pete41 wrote:
There was a game between the Leafs and the Flyers back in the Clarke/Broadstreet Bullies/kate Smith era[70s or 80s] where the Leafs were so terrified physically of the Flyers it was sickening to watch.Never saw anything like that before or since in pro sports.

Except the time the Flyers beat on the Russians so bad they never came out for the third period.

Good point but being a Montreal fan I thought their game with the Russians that series was one of the best skill games I ever saw.Beautiful Hockey.I saw the Russians play the Billings Bighorns-talk about a mismatch.

The russians left over a non-call on a brutal (clean) hit on one of their star players. They eventually came out. The russians were touring north america, and had already played a handful of games. The flyers game was the last one. Snyder told them that if they didn't return that they would get paid NOTHING for the entire trip. That got them back on the ice. The flyers scored immediately.

This was believed to be the beginning of the flyers' dislike for russian players. For years, the snyder/clarke regime damn near refused to have any eastern european players.

Antisemitism was also a big factor. Snyder felt disrespected by the russians over his ethnicity. The whole story is fascinating.

Back