Fishing music

JG63

JG63

I don't wear headphones when I fish or listen to any portable device. I DO usually have a song in my head while on the stream. Some of my best producers of good luck are "Travelling Riverside Blues" by Zeppelin, "A Farewell to Kings" by Rush, and my own composition, " Kittatinny Call". Anyone else have lucky head music while feeshin - or have I finally gone mad?

no lucky head music for me since I prefer the real thing. I generally listen to baseball or sports radio while wading.

I listen to the water and wild life…be one with the location you are at. That relaxes me, I do not need music.

Haven't noticed what songs are lucky or not but sometimes I end up with Chris Knight or Ryan Bingham stuck in my head while fishing. Both great "real" country artists if you are unfamiliar with them. Most times my mind is on other things though.

Also agree that listening to an iPod or other music player kind of misses the point of getting out. Though I like the idea of listening to baseball.

Never really listen to music when I'm on the water but on the way I love some Ugly Casanova or David Bowie

Usually I'm not psyching up for a trip - songs just pop in there like the Sta-puft marshmallow man. Can't help it just go with it. Flowing natural water music provides the perfect backdrop.

The river sings to me.

Same thing happens to me, not by choice, usually seems to be a song I don't want to hear.

I like to listen to Bob Seger, Journey, or The Eagles when I'm driving to a stream. Once on the water, I like to listen to the natural sounds, though I often catch myself singing to myself or humming a tune. I always look around, hoping that no one catches me singing to myself. So far, so good on that count.

Rush = throwing a cat against a chalkboard and listening to it's claws slowly screeching downward. And to look at that dude singing? Yech! I will choose free will? Who the **** wouldn't? Sorry for the anti-Rush rant.

If I want to get cranked up to fish here is the answer: Dropkick Murphy's Shipping Up To Boston.

Add two to my list:

Led Zeppelin's "How Many More Times" and Beethoven's Symphony Number 9, Fourth Movement.

RCFetter wrote:
djs12354 wrote:
JackM wrote:
The river sings to me.

Well said!

I think Beethoven would agree. I'm only interested in the sounds of the stream.

Or he might not agree, as he was deaf when he wrote Symphony Number 9. Imagine that.

I don't listen to music to get psyched for the trip as much as I do to relax on the way there so all the stress is behind me when I get where I'm going

Black River Killer by Blitzen Trapper is good. When the Levee Breaks by Led Zeppelin. But Alice in Chains will normally get me in a good mindset.

Anything but Bruce Springsteen works for me...I don't listen to music while on the water but I always have a song in my head

Night_Stalker wrote:
I listen to the water and wild life…be one with the location you are at. That relaxes me, I do not need music.

^^this^^ I love my music believe it, but not here or hunting..

I've never listened to music on the creek. However, twice I've fished near live music. Fishing in a park with a jazz band in the background was pretty cool and once at a music festival with a river beside it. The music in the background of the river was pretty sweet. Last time we took my bass boat out my wife brought along a small radio and we listened to classical music. That was fun.

Back