Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

Re: Fishing music

From danville pa
I don't listen to music to get psyched for the trip as much as I do to relax on the way there so all the stress is behind me when I get where I'm going

Posted on: 4/13 22:34

From Butler, Pa
Black River Killer by Blitzen Trapper is good. When the Levee Breaks by Led Zeppelin. But Alice in Chains will normally get me in a good mindset.

Posted on: 4/13 23:55

From DELCO
Anything but Bruce Springsteen works for me...I don't listen to music while on the water but I always have a song in my head

Posted on: 4/14 0:23

From Ferguson Twp.
Quote:

Night_Stalker wrote:
I listen to the water and wild life…be one with the location you are at. That relaxes me, I do not need music.

^^this^^ I love my music believe it, but not here or hunting..

Posted on: 4/14 7:32

From South Central,PA
I've never listened to music on the creek. However, twice I've fished near live music. Fishing in a park with a jazz band in the background was pretty cool and once at a music festival with a river beside it. The music in the background of the river was pretty sweet. Last time we took my bass boat out my wife brought along a small radio and we listened to classical music. That was fun.

Posted on: 4/14 8:58

From Lehigh Valley
Wu tang

Posted on: 4/14 9:22

From Bucks County
Quote:

outsider wrote:
Quote:

RCFetter wrote:
Quote:

djs12354 wrote:
Quote:

JackM wrote:
The river sings to me.

Well said!

I think Beethoven would agree. I'm only interested in the sounds of the stream.

Or he might not agree, as he was deaf when he wrote Symphony Number 9. Imagine that.

I forgot about that. A music teacher once told me it prevented him from hearing the mistakes made by the orchestra. In his mind he only heard it perfectly played.

I wonder if a composer ever wrote a symphony or concerto based on the sounds of a stream.

Posted on: 4/14 9:37

Smetana wrote Die Moldau about the course of the River Moldau (or Vitava, in Czech) from its headwaters to its merging with the Elbe.

I'm not familiar with the piece, but I knew enough about it to Wiki it.

I am familiar with Handel's Water Music, which he composed for King George III, for a Royal barge parade on the Thames.

My own personal favorite of musical compositions that evoke trout streams is the instrumental The Water Song, by Hot Tuna http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6giiYDlqRQs

Posted on: 4/14 11:46

From Benton, PA
Musicians have that internal radio station that never turns off.

For fishing, I tune it to Larry Sparks.

Posted on: 4/14 13:07

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
I just can't imagine listening to music WHILE fishing. Aside from preferring nature's music, my ears are a part of the senses needed for success. Obviously listening for risers and such (which I do even when nymphing or tossing streamers), but also to get a feel for the nature of the water up around the bend, the sound of the cast tips you off to problems, you hear people walking up behind you, your buddy gives a woop when he catches one, etc.

Music choice on the way to and from fishing, however, is important. Depends on the mood and nature of the trip. If you're going down one of those mountain dirt roads with forest all around, it's gotta be bluegrass. In more urban areas, typically classic rock or old school country for me. By that, I mean Waylon, Merle, Willie, George, Johnny, and the like.

Unless a good ball game is on, of course. Penguins, Pirates, Steelers, and Nittany Lions always take priority over music. And listening to games while driving to go fishing certainly reminds me of my childhood, which is cool, and does indeed put me in the appropriate fishing mood.

Posted on: 4/14 14:02

From Cranberry Twp.
PhilC gets it. Usually Childish Gambino, Misfits or Fugazi.

Posted on: 4/14 21:50

From Honky Tonk Lagoon
The song that inevitably runs through my head while wandering around a stream - "Mississippi" by Bob Dylan. A personal favorite and, I think, one of his best.

Posted on: 4/15 16:41

From Lewisberry, PA
Phish

Obviously

Posted on: 4/15 20:27

From Monessen, PA
Quote:

raftman wrote:
The song that inevitably runs through my head while wandering around a stream - "Mississippi" by Bob Dylan. A personal favorite and, I think, one of his best.

A great couplet:

I was raised in the country, I been workin’ in the town
I been in trouble ever since I set my suitcase down

Posted on: 4/16 10:14

-- Leo Tolstoy

I especially like the version of "Mississippi" on Dylan's Tell Tale Signs. Great live take of "High Water" on there, too.

The last time I was out fishing was last fall, trout prospecting in Colorado and California. Heavy rotation: Tell Tale Signs, The Very Best of Sheryl Crow, Europe '72 Vol. II, Mark Knopfler's Shangri-La.

Not once I got out of the car, though. As it happens, I can't stand using headphones when I'm walking down a sidewalk, much less while I'm out on a stream somewhere. Too much dissociation. For the same reason, I've never liked blasting music at earthquake levels when I'm driving. I need to be where I am. The soundtrack can't be louder than the scenery.

Posted on: 4/16 12:37

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Goal during a day on the water....
Catching a single fish makes me happy 19% (18)
I want to catch every fish in the stream 4% (4)
50 dinks is a dream day 2% (2)
Only want to catch big fish 9% (9)
Catching the toughest fish in the steam is my goal 4% (4)
Beautiful place, hit the hatch and whatever happens, happens 29% (27)
Who cares? It beats work. 31% (29)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/11/27 22:13
Comments?

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com