Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Fishing locations for this spring

Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster here... I'm looking for some good fly fishing locations for this spring. I'm going to be taking 2 days off from work. I stay in eastern maryland so I'm looking for something that wouldn't take too much time to get to. I've considered western maryland but I figured if look into pa too.

Id prefer late march-early to mid April if possible. Somewhere that I could hit a few good streams and have a couple of really nice days on the water. I wouldn't be opposed to camping either if anyone has any recommendations.

Thanks guys!

Posted on: 2013/2/19 21:20

Re: Fishing locations for this spring

From Berks County
Try this site. You should find what you're looking for.

http://www.fish.state.pa.us/county.htm

Posted on: 2013/2/19 21:44

From Hanover
Consider staying in or near Boiling Springs. You have the Yellow Breeches right there, plus within 1/2 hour you've got the Letort, Big Spring and Green Springs. But there's enough fishing on the Yellow Breeches to keep you busy for 2 days.

Posted on: 2013/2/19 23:12

Thanks guys. Any idea about dates?

Posted on: 2013/2/20 5:33

From Gettysburg
Jeff,
Welcome to our online community. Your question is very broad and could literally involve hundreds (if not thousands) of answers. Try the Pennsylvania Trout Streams link in the upper right side of this page. This will provide directions and fishing regulations. If you find some streams that look appealing, take some time to scroll through the Reports forum and search 'em. You can search by stream, date, and county and most of the well known waters are well represented in that forum.

Posted on: 2013/2/20 7:21

From harlansburg
end of march-early april is usually still closed season, cutting out all regular approved trout waters, you'll have to focus on wild trout waters and special regulation waters.
not sure what the opening day date for eastern pa is.

Posted on: 2013/2/20 7:42

From Lancaster, PA
looked on the PF&BC site..looks like April 13th is opening day with march 30th being regional opening day. Regional of course only includes southeastern PA counties (lancaster, york, berks, just to name a few). looked up stocking dates, some are going to be the first week in mrch but most will be later in the month. I'm so amped because they are stocking the little shenango that runs through my town of Greenville within the first week. I'll def be throwing on the waders and scoping out the area/ my usual spots

Posted on: 2013/2/20 8:36

From Chester County
I'm pretty sure opening day for southeastern pa is march 30th

Edit: Sorry, didn't see fishingnoobs post.

Posted on: 2013/2/20 15:56

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes 95% (139)
No 0% (0)
Thinking about it 4% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com