Fishing late June

gfoledc

gfoledc

I am looking to take my 2 older grandsons (9 & 13) on a three day fishing trip. Was thinking about Lake Marburg. Looking for reasonably priced cabin. We will be bringing a canoe and both boys can fish well for their ages (fly or spin). I have heard good things about Marburg but any place in Pa. Would be fine. I would appriciate any suggestions. Looking at middle to late June.
Thanks

You could look into Little Buffalo St. park in Perry County. Not too far and they have a campground there. The lake is small, but the fishing can be good.......it's near Newport.

Remind me at the Jam. I know a few ;-)

From the campgrounds and State Parks in the area around Mt. Holly Springs in Cumberland county you are within 30 minutes of just about any type of fishing available in the state. GOOD LUCK N HAVE FUN!!!!

What ever happened to real down to earth camping? Go buy a tent and show your sons a real fishing adventure.

I live 10 mins from Little Buffalo state park, good fishing in the lake and there are some streams around for trout, might be a little tough if it gets too hot and both rivers are close too.

Pm sent to perrycountypappy

Dear gfoledc,

Shohola Lake hands down. Not only is the fishing excellent for bass and panfish there are several other lakes in the immediate area that are equally as good.

Stay here

http://www.discoverpikepa.com/places/Lodging/Cabins_Cottages_Efficiencies/Shohola_Falls_Inn

It's just my opinion, and I'm sure others will disagree, but I'd never put 2 kids in a canoe on a lake full of drunken powerboaters like Raystown.

If Shohola is too far to go for three days check out VRBO.com. They offer a couple of nice places in Sullivan County, one of which has a private 7 acre pond. There are also a couple of other lakes in the area where you could take your canoe like Hunter's Lake or Lake Jean.

There are other places even closer to Tyrone listed on VRBO.com.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

You know Tim, I never thought to look on vrbo for fishing cabins...great idea !

Back